Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My review of Pegasos+MorphOS  (Read 23792 times)

Description:

Offline lempkee

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
Re: My review of Pegasos+MorphOS
« on: February 14, 2003, 04:50:37 PM »
kinda weird this , but very honest post ...
stateing hyperion games and how much he wants (or they) to run em on the pegasos, if it had been a troll or zealot then it wouldnt have been mentioned.

i appriciate honests posts like this, keep the good work up! , also tell me more about the games u got with the pegasos and how they run, need to know more :)

names and how they act, if they crash etc (i know many of em crash allready but it would be nice if u posted it so we know if its ok or not.... )

thanx alot
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline lempkee

• Show all replies
Re: My review of Pegasos+MorphOS
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 12:44:28 PM »
spidey:for quake 1 and fps counter... hit TAB (or go to console) and type : timedemo demo1
and let it finnish.

anyway i guess u aint running any w3d or such, as your card doesnt have a 3d driver yet right?, and thats why its slow.

on my a1260ppc i get 35 fps in quake 1 (800x600x16) and in quake 2 (read the doc in quake 2 to find fps counter)i get 25 fps, your pegasos should atleast give you 100 fps in both games with 3d support enabled.

the sound problems that you mention sounds like a driver issue, and i guess that will be fixed later on. (in later mos updates)

have fun

Offline lempkee

• Show all replies
Re: Octamed Soundstudio
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 06:23:32 PM »
quote:

Hello lempkee,

I guess I don't have a fast computer anymore.

Quake I
I got a framerate of 13 fps with a 1024x768x8 screen and with a 800x600x8 screen I got a rate of 20 fps!!

Oh well, it's fast enough for me!

With Quake II I can choose something besides 'software' in the Options menu, but I don't know how to check it.
(no, I don't have a doc of this game)

I did buy Genetic Species of those EuroCD collection, that's my next try!

MakeCD3.2C (with 3.2D installed on top of it) my burner works! (even 40x speed)

I've got to try my printer! (I almost forget that one)

Spidey

-----end of quote

spidey, something is not correct here, first of all you runned 8bit screen modes?====??=?=?=?? , dont u use GL QUAKE ? , it sounds like you are emulating it from what i can tell, maybe i am just tired.

you need to use GLQUAKewoS in 16bit . , maybe mos doesnt like it?,..hmm sounds weird.

Genetic species wont work on peagsos, pretty sure of that as it doesnt have 68k in it..and GS is a 68k only game...atleast last time i checked.

good luck spidey, and the speed results u gave me is not fast and i think u will be very HAPPY when u get this up and running properly.

as my system is from 92, and beats your fps counters, so something must be very wrong on your setup (software) , as soon as you have fixed that....well then you should be atleast 4 times faster than my sys... :)

keep the smile up and good luck.