Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS4 Beta copy  (Read 8326 times)

Description:

Re: OS4 Beta copy
« Reply #44 from previous page: February 20, 2003, 11:49:45 AM »
@takemehomegrandma

What if the new owners instead of working with the
OS4 development team in good faith decides to take
MorphOS or AROS and proclaim that "the new
AmigaOS 5", without using Hyperions source code
at all?

well everybody nows that MOS suposed to be OS4 "the easy path", but this comunity allways chose the hard path, maybe in the future BB's money speak Again and they get Amiga IP and all the BETA work of Hypherion, as we know the AOS4 project will probably still be in BETA :roflmao:
Or implementing the 68k emulation :crazy:

I know people, i know,  troll... troll... troll... bla bla bla.

Offline hnl_dk

• Show only replies by hnl_dk
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2003, 01:07:45 PM »
@DDJPPC

It would be funny to see your reaction if it would be AmigaOS 4.0 that would be released before MorphOS gets off it's beta-state ;-)

@bbrv (if you see this post)

When will MorphOS get released (final release)?
Best regards,
Henning Nielsen Lund [Denmark]...

Offline poweramiga2002

• Show only replies by poweramiga2002
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2003, 01:10:01 PM »
whats the chances of the beta being out for the A1 in next few weeks?

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2003, 02:05:56 PM »

A hypothetical question: What if the new owners instead of working with the OS4 development team in good faith decides to take MorphOS or AROS and proclaim that "the new AmigaOS 5", without using Hyperions source code at all?

Surely everybody is then gonna get "the new AmigaOS 5" because it has this magical five letter word "AMIGA" ;)

If I made a licensed (second hand) Amiga toilet paper then everyone out there would buy it for ANY PRICE =D
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline uncharted

• Show only replies by uncharted
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2003, 09:47:16 PM »

Indoro wrote:

uncharted wrote:

Indoro wrote:
Rubbish!

Show me where I ever mentioned George Lucas or anything to do with him. Where did that come from off the side lines?

Amigactive Issue 23, page 37.

No..IIRC it said "We are expecting that our systems will be highly accepted by companies like Spielberg Studios and possible Lucasfilm Ltd. Show me where I made reference to personal dealings with George Lucas, anywhere, ever.

I never said you personally delt with him, if you want to be pedantic about it, change "George Lucas" to ILM.  My point is you were critising a company that is actually producing something, when all you have done in the past is spout bullshit about your own companies products (no of which have ever existed except in press releases).

No, I have a source with a judicial gag order on him at the moment. Wait a few weeks. Hyperion might have made progress recently, but nothing is apparent on the surface.

How conveinient.

The Tsunami uses the Pegasos board, and it always has. As soon as dual G4 boards are available, they will ship.

So where are the single processor models that were also announced?  And while we're at it where is the CLeo, Apocalype ST, Leopard, Hurricane, Radian, and set-top box also announced???

What you're finally going to pay Dave?

==snip rant on dave Haynie===

I'd love to believe you Doctor, but I can't.  Sorry what are you a Doctor of again? Where did you say you graduated from? Nuff said :-D

This is the same man that one year ago thought we should dump the Amiga market alltogether to focus on Linux. He's a friend to none of you..this is all a personal vwngence cruisade against us, just like he made on Met@Box and CBM. Maybe you should seek the other side of the story from other employeers that he has had. Apparently everybody is out to get Dave. Ever stop to think that he isn't much of a Saint himself?

Dumping the Amiga market in Linux is a sound business decision.  Certainly in the current climbate, with the market the way it is I wouldn't blame any company for bailing out.

I suppose Dave just made up all those other disgruntled CBM employees as well.  

I don't know why this has become a topic here. If he had a legal case against us, it would have been filed long ago. He doesn't. Period. I'm sorry we ever hired him.

//RC//

Surely on the same token had you a case against Dave it'd be filed long ago.

Offline Indoro

• Show only replies by Indoro
    • http://www.merlancia.com
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2003, 11:02:48 PM »

uncharted wrote:

Indoro wrote:

uncharted wrote:

Indoro wrote:
Rubbish!

Show me where I ever mentioned George Lucas or anything to do with him. Where did that come from off the side lines?

Amigactive Issue 23, page 37.

No..IIRC it said "We are expecting that our systems will be highly accepted by companies like Spielberg Studios and possible Lucasfilm Ltd. Show me where I made reference to personal dealings with George Lucas, anywhere, ever.

I never said you personally delt with him, if you want to be pedantic about it, change "George Lucas" to ILM.  My point is you were critising a company that is actually producing something, when all you have done in the past is spout bullshit about your own companies products (no of which have ever existed except in press releases).

There is nothing trivial or pedantic about it. We never claimed to have personal dealings with Lucas, only that we think LFL/ILM would be interested in our products.

No, I have a source with a judicial gag order on him at the moment. Wait a few weeks. Hyperion might have made progress recently, but nothing is apparent on the surface.

How conveinient.

The Tsunami uses the Pegasos board, and it always has. As soon as dual G4 boards are available, they will ship.

So where are the single processor models that were also announced?  And while we're at it where is the CLeo, Apocalype ST, Leopard, Hurricane, Radian, and set-top box also announced???

They have been in prototype or some time. We expect that the MCC will be released by the end of this month to the middle of next.

What you're finally going to pay Dave?

==snip rant on dave Haynie===

I'd love to believe you Doctor, but I can't.  Sorry what are you a Doctor of again? Where did you say you graduated from? Nuff said :-D

This is the same man that one year ago thought we should dump the Amiga market alltogether to focus on Linux. He's a friend to none of you..this is all a personal vwngence cruisade against us, just like he made on Met@Box and CBM. Maybe you should seek the other side of the story from other employeers that he has had. Apparently everybody is out to get Dave. Ever stop to think that he isn't much of a Saint himself?

Dumping the Amiga market in Linux is a sound business decision.  Certainly in the current climbate, with the market the way it is I wouldn't blame any company for bailing out.

I suppose Dave just made up all those other disgruntled CBM employees as well.  

I don't know why this has become a topic here. If he had a legal case against us, it would have been filed long ago. He doesn't. Period. I'm sorry we ever hired him.

//RC//

Surely on the same token had you a case against Dave it'd be filed long ago.

[/quote]

No, we have very little we can do about the designs, though retaining the documents and prototypes is theft, and he is comitting multiple acts of libel, and slander.