Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pegasos (MOS) Advantage over AmigaOne (OS4)  (Read 4214 times)

Description:

Offline meerschaum

• Show all replies
Re: Pegasos (MOS) Advantage over AmigaOne (OS4)
« on: August 19, 2003, 01:17:33 AM »
in my opinon you can sum it up like this.

AmigaOne's advantages ... the name

AmigaOne's disadvantage...the name, Amiga.inc

Pegasos advantages ... good support, growing community, forward thinking plans

Pegasos dis-advantages (in this market) ... lack of the name

the community?... the moderates dont follow the name they dont follow anything... they see the work of fellow community members and they judge things based in merit... not on its name

Offline meerschaum

• Show all replies
Re: Pegasos (MOS) Advantage over AmigaOne (OS4)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 03:06:48 AM »
@YttriumOx

Opinonated rant below....this is OPINON I'm not accusing anyone of anything or saying any of this is concrete... this is expressiong the 'mindset' more then anything.

I understand your point...but for you to believe the A1/AOS4 is somehow better 'quality'  or 'superior' means you have some degree of faith in what your bieng told from Amiga.inc's side (since it isnt complete yet, running on AmigaOne in your house available to test against MorphOS)  ... for many of us...we simply dont trust the Amiga.inc side of things...that having been said  can you trust a product made by a company you dont trust?... thats why I list Amiga.inc as a negative to the AmigaOne they represent Amiga as a whole...now we can argue semantics about how Hyperion is not Amiga.inc and Eyetech is not Amiga.inc but their all together on this and who owns the IP? who is at the helm? Amiga.inc is and that is why I group them together into one entity.

I do hope the AmigaOne turns out alright and that OS4 is a good product... but at the same time I hope they make their way onto Pegasos so that this whole community can be united again to some degree.