Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barry Altman and Commodore USA  (Read 60384 times)

Description:

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: Barry Altman and Commodore USA
« Reply #89 from previous page: June 02, 2011, 05:13:41 PM »
Quote from: drHirudo;641931
On the contrary working only at the weekends is nice if you want to play with your Amigas in the weekdays. Where one can apply for a job at CUSA? Only if they had anything to do with the Amiga.
Oh, it's quite simple. All you have to do is buy a computer, and it comes with a free CTO position!
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline djrikki

• Show only replies by djrikki
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »
Quote from: persia;641880
Why is this in AMIGA General Chat?

For the same reason why its in the Amiga General Chat on AW... the scammers that are C=USA and their deluded followers deliberately start a thread in the wrong section to piss everyone off.  Eventually it will be move.... eventually :lol:

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2011, 05:17:40 PM »
Quote from: drHirudo;641931
Nice company that works only at the weekends.

I guess you don't understand time management for busy executives.  Weekends and nights is when they are not typically tied to the phone or attending meetings.  Community outreach typically happens during down time of busy schedules.  I guess the very idea of mass production and the requirements for it to happen and successful execution of the production line is a bit foreign to you.

No wonder it took them so long to remodel a computer designed 30 years ago, without a CAD system.

Sure there was a CAD system for the C64x's mold: http://www.commodore-amiga.org/forum/27-commodore-usa/2154-images-of-the-c64xs-mold?lang=en#2154

On the contrary working only at the weekends is nice if you want to play with your Amigas in the weekdays. Where one can apply for a job at CUSA? Only if they had anything to do with the Amiga.

Well you just will have to wait till some time in 2H11 for those Commodore Amigas to be rolling down the assembly line.  Perhaps you will pass the time waiting while using your A1X1K. Oh wait...
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline djrikki

« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »
@dammy

zzzz

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2011, 05:21:19 PM »
Quote from: dammy;641936
Well you just will have to wait till some time in 2H11 for those Commodore Amigas to be rolling down the assembly line.  Perhaps you will pass the time waiting while using your A1X1K. Oh wait...

Thank gawd for that... :)

I mean whenever they have to start putting the letter "H" into years then that must be so far off in the distant future that we'll all be long dead and never have to hear about these overpriced PC's... :D

Offline dammy

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2011, 05:22:58 PM »
Quote from: djrikki;641934
For the same reason why its in the Amiga General Chat on AW... the scammers that are C=USA and their deluded followers deliberately start a thread in the wrong section to piss everyone off.  Eventually it will be move.... eventually :lol:

Actually, this thread was started by Iggy: http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=577251&postcount=1 so you are wrong again.  You sure aren't doing well today, are you.
Dammy

Offline dammy

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2011, 05:27:19 PM »
Quote from: Franko;641938
Thank gawd for that... :)

I mean whenever they have to start putting the letter "H" into years then that must be so far off in the distant future that we'll all be long dead and never have to hear about these overpriced PC's... :D

I guess it might a regional issue with that abbreviation.  Typically 2Hyear means second half of that given year as would 3Qyear would mean third quarter of that given year.  Glad to help you out, don't even mention it.  Aren't you glad you learn something new today? :)
Dammy

Offline djrikki

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2011, 05:28:54 PM »
Having a great day thanks!

That avatar... is that C=USA's footprint in the market under a x1000 magnified-zoom lense?   Wait it could be Big Foot's... oh nvm no-one has ever seen that either...

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2011, 05:31:55 PM »
I guess you don't understand time management for busy executives.  Weekends and nights is when they are not typically tied to the phone or attending meetings.  Community outreach typically happens during down time of busy schedules.  I guess the very idea of mass production and the requirements for it to happen and successful execution of the production line is a bit foreign to you.
Oh, did we hurt Barry's feelings by not understanding how Big Real Serious Businesses with Disney(C)(TM)(R)(TM) Endorsement(TM) work? I guess the idea of releasing a bunch of confusingly random dates and announcements each phrased like an actual indication of a pending release is just foreign to us...
Eh, I'll use my A3000, thanks, which actually exists, and runs real Amiga software natively!
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Franko

« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2011, 05:32:10 PM »
Quote from: dammy;641940
I guess it might a regional issue with that abbreviation.  Typically 2Hyear means second half of that given year as would 3Qyear would mean third quarter of that given year.  Glad to help you out, don't even mention it.  Aren't you glad you learn something new today? :)

Might be regional in some part of your brain cell but guess it's kinda typical of you to come up with some lame excuse for a typo... ;)

Nah, ain't learned nothing new today cos your still gibbering the same old keech as usual... :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2011, 01:34:15 AM »

What's up with all these abbreviations? Did you just make these up? If you didn't then that person who did is an idiot.

What year is A1X1K? I'm assuming it was about 1000 years ago...
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline IggyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2011, 02:02:22 AM »
Quote from: dammy;641939
Actually, this thread was started by Iggy: http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=577251&postcount=1 so you are wrong again.  You sure aren't doing well today, are you.

Actually, dammy is right. I started the thread. And even though he and I would be at odds over some things (the president for instance), I think we both agree on one point. Barry Altman and C=USA ought to be given a chance before they are written off.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Belial6

• Show only replies by Belial6
    • http://www.glasshead.net
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2011, 02:02:27 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;642042
What's up with all these abbreviations? Did you just make these up? If you didn't then that person who did is an idiot.

What year is A1X1K? I'm assuming it was about 1000 years ago...

You really don't know that 2H11 would be the send half of 2011?  And you didn't now that the metric definition of 1000 is Kilo abreviated as K?  So you really didn't read A1X1K as AmigaOne X1000?  Really?  If those abbreviations flew over your head, then no wonder you post many of the things you post.  You seem to have a hard time understanding the information around you.

Offline Franko

« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2011, 02:06:30 AM »
Quote from: Belial6;642061
You really don't know that 2H11 would be the send half of 2011?  And you didn't now that the metric definition of 1000 is Kilo abreviated as K?  So you really didn't read A1X1K as AmigaOne X1000?  Really?  If those abbreviations flew over your head, then no wonder you post many of the things you post.  You seem to have a hard time understanding the information around you.

Not taking the mickey here but I've NEVER seen anyone use a term like "2H11" before to describe a date... :)

Maybe Dammy was right, must be an American or regional thing... :)

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2011, 02:11:43 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;642060
Actually, dammy is right. I started the thread. And even though he and I would be at odds over some things (the president for instance), I think we both agree on one point. Barry Altman and C=USA ought to be given a chance before they are written off.

I agree.  However, his chance ended when he hijacked an existing brand, threatened people in the community, spread falsehoods, behaved like an arsehole, unleashed Spambots on us (Dammy) and has still failed to deliver a product.  He's had ample opportunity to undo the things he's done wrong and done nothing.  That really says it all.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Franko

« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2011, 02:16:19 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;642068
I agree.  However, his chance ended when he hijacked an existing brand, threatened people in the community, spread falsehoods, behaved like an arsehole, unleashed Spambots on us (Dammy) and has still failed to deliver a product.  He's had ample opportunity to undo the things he's done wrong and done nothing.  That really says it all.

WOW... took the word's right out of my mouth... :)