Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bill Gates not a philanthropist?  (Read 16132 times)

Description:

Offline blanning

• Show only replies by blanning
    • http://www.brianlanning.com
Re: Bill Gates not a philanthropist?
« Reply #119 from previous page: January 22, 2014, 04:46:09 PM »
Quote from: JJ;757695
OMFG did you really just say that about feminism.

Why, yes I did!   :-)

Some people would call what I did "traditional family values".  But anti-feminism is so much more incendiary.  lol

Honestly. Let me guess your wife is one of these old school people who just wants to look after their children and husband.

Yes.  But don't assume that she's uneducated.  She has a university degree and worked in the medical field for a number of years until the cost of daycare became oppressive, at which point she did what she would rather do anyway:  stay home with the kids.  Believe it or not, she was happy with her decision, the kids were better off, and it didn't make her a idiot.

How many women out there would prefer to stay home with the kids if they could afford it?  I'd argue quite a large percentage.  Oh, and this whole women working thing is so western-world.  There's women covering huge parts of the planet who would find it unthinkable to let someone else raise their children while they toiled away somewhere else for something so meaningless as money.

Who is brainwashed again.

You are.  :-)  But you're not alone.  I'd say that most people have bought the propaganda with little or no effort on the part of those pushing it.

Women are equal to men they can do as they please.

Men and women are not the same, regardless of what your TV says.  Men and women are physically and mentally different.  One isn't better or worse than the other, they're just different.  There's a reason why you don't put women on the front line in the military.  A civilization thinking rationally wouldn't dream of doing that, which is why they're getting ready to do it in the US.

I do agree that they can do as they please though.  Of course, once the women are brainwashed into giving up millennia of gender roles common to the entire human race, then they'll do what someone else pleases while believing they're free, right?

Women having choices has nothing to do with the breakdown in families.

Again, if you manipulate the women (and men) into distorting gender roles, then it does break down the family.  Brainwash them enough and they'll happily destroy their own family and argue with you when you point out what's happening.

Men not pulling their weight is a more likely cause.  

This is an entirely different problem that's also breaking down the family.  If men get all the sex they want, and aren't taught to treat women with respect, and instead are encouraged to never leave adolescence, then you end up with the problems we have today.

I really don't know what to say in flabbergasted.

Really?  Is that all it took? I'm just getting started!  How about this one...  I believe (and have encouraged my children to do so) that people should get married at around the age of 18.  This way, it becomes possible, even easy to wait for sex until marriage.  Of course, I also tell them that divorce isn't an option.  They have to make it work.

People think I'm insane when I tell them this.  After all, everyone knows that you should wait until you go to college and get an established career and a house and a mortgage and a mountain of debt and two cars... before you get married.  Maybe 30 is a good age!  After all, kids don't know anything and what if they get divorced?!  An conveniently, 30 is too late to wait for sex, so we can just sleep around with whoever we want.  Right?  I mean, we're all free and liberated, open-minded people, right?

How's that thinking working out for the western world?  The divorce rate is higher than ever.  Infidelity, illegitimacy, sexually transmitted diseases are all on the rise.  People on their second, third, or fourth spouse is commonplace.  At least if the 18 year olds get divorced later, they've only been with with (hopefully) one person the whole time, and the children all come from one father.

If you do things God's way, you don't have any of these problems.  Of course, the Christian community has all these problem also.  But that comes from not doing things God's way.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2014, 09:08:33 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;757744
Miley Cyrus?  ;)

Good one!
I actually like her more now that the Disney produced crap is over.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2014, 09:13:08 PM »
Quote from: blanning;757746
Why, yes I did!   :-)

Some people would call what I did "traditional family values".  But anti-feminism is so much more incendiary.  lol

Yes.  But don't assume that she's uneducated.  She has a university degree and worked in the medical field for a number of years until the cost of daycare became oppressive, at which point she did what she would rather do anyway:  stay home with the kids.  Believe it or not, she was happy with her decision, the kids were better off, and it didn't make her a idiot.

How many women out there would prefer to stay home with the kids if they could afford it?  I'd argue quite a large percentage.  Oh, and this whole women working thing is so western-world.  There's women covering huge parts of the planet who would find it unthinkable to let someone else raise their children while they toiled away somewhere else for something so meaningless as money.

You are.  :-)  But you're not alone.  I'd say that most people have bought the propaganda with little or no effort on the part of those pushing it.

Men and women are not the same, regardless of what your TV says.  Men and women are physically and mentally different.  One isn't better or worse than the other, they're just different.  There's a reason why you don't put women on the front line in the military.  A civilization thinking rationally wouldn't dream of doing that, which is why they're getting ready to do it in the US.

I do agree that they can do as they please though.  Of course, once the women are brainwashed into giving up millennia of gender roles common to the entire human race, then they'll do what someone else pleases while believing they're free, right?

Again, if you manipulate the women (and men) into distorting gender roles, then it does break down the family.  Brainwash them enough and they'll happily destroy their own family and argue with you when you point out what's happening.

This is an entirely different problem that's also breaking down the family.  If men get all the sex they want, and aren't taught to treat women with respect, and instead are encouraged to never leave adolescence, then you end up with the problems we have today.

Really?  Is that all it took? I'm just getting started!  How about this one...  I believe (and have encouraged my children to do so) that people should get married at around the age of 18.  This way, it becomes possible, even easy to wait for sex until marriage.  Of course, I also tell them that divorce isn't an option.  They have to make it work.

People think I'm insane when I tell them this.  After all, everyone knows that you should wait until you go to college and get an established career and a house and a mortgage and a mountain of debt and two cars... before you get married.  Maybe 30 is a good age!  After all, kids don't know anything and what if they get divorced?!  An conveniently, 30 is too late to wait for sex, so we can just sleep around with whoever we want.  Right?  I mean, we're all free and liberated, open-minded people, right?

How's that thinking working out for the western world?  The divorce rate is higher than ever.  Infidelity, illegitimacy, sexually transmitted diseases are all on the rise.  People on their second, third, or fourth spouse is commonplace.  At least if the 18 year olds get divorced later, they've only been with with (hopefully) one person the whole time, and the children all come from one father.

If you do things God's way, you don't have any of these problems.  Of course, the Christian community has all these problem also.  But that comes from not doing things God's way.

And you just lost the argument by bringing imaginary beings into the equation.  I think all the worlds problems are caused by not doing things the inspector gadget way.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2014, 09:15:14 PM »
Go go gadget thread closer!

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2014, 09:45:19 PM »
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2014, 12:10:33 AM »
Wishful thinking.
It lives!

Sexist, stupid, and in no way any longer related to Bill Gates, but its still here.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline blanning

• Show only replies by blanning
    • http://www.brianlanning.com
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2014, 01:39:42 AM »
Quote from: JJ;757754
And you just lost the argument by bringing imaginary beings into the equation.  I think all the worlds problems are caused by not doing things the inspector gadget way.

Imaginary being to you, very real to me.  Many things, too many to count, have happened in my life to make it obvious to me that God exists.  

Also, I didn't realize this was a contest to be won or lost.  I'm simply expressing my views.

Offline gaula92

• Show only replies by gaula92
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2014, 09:43:42 AM »
Quote from: blanning;757778
Imaginary being to you, very real to me.  Many things, too many to count, have happened in my life to make it obvious to me that God exists.  

Also, I didn't realize this was a contest to be won or lost.  I'm simply expressing my views.

Yeah, so do Santa Claus, Mickey Mouse and Batman. So real to me! I even saw them on TV! :D

And now I will smash all of you non-god-believers: If God doesn't exist, who wrote the bible? Heh!

Offline Astral

• Show only replies by Astral
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2014, 11:06:36 AM »
Sorry for my absence guys and girls. I've been busy for the last few days so haven't kept up with this thread ;)

Did we end up working out whether Gates is a philanthropist or not? :)

Offline spirantho

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »
I think we worked out that Bill Gates was God, that Arnie doesn't like naughty threads, and that terrorism is bad (mmkay?).

Oh, and also, that my guaranteed tin foil hats are still available at the low, low price of $99.99 (+ spurious charges) and protect from EVIL OVERLORD DAN.
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »
What's a philanthropist again?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline spirantho

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2014, 11:31:38 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;757801
What's a philanthropist again?

I think it's for people who get their sexual kicks from people called "Phil".
--
Ian Gledhill
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2014, 11:44:52 AM »
This could be a new game. Everytime someone says something that contains "Phil" they get called a pervert. We don't tell them why either  :razz:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline spirantho

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;757804
This could be a new game. Everytime someone says something that contains "Phil" they get called a pervert. We don't tell them why either  :razz:

Pervert! You mentioned "Phil".

:razz:
--
Ian Gledhill

Offline Nataline

• Show only replies by Nataline
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;757802
I think it's for people who get their sexual kicks from people called "Phil".

I thought it meant "people who attribute humanlike characteristics to Phils".

Rumours suggest that there's a whole community of, um.. phillies out there. You know, people who like to create artwork of Phils in various humanoid forms and even dress up in elaborate Phil costumes and so on. Sure, I've heard that some phillies do view their hobby in a.. sexual way, but not all of them are like that, of course.

As for Gates.. Well, there's no sure-fire way to find out just by scouring the 'Net. I doubt that he'd sign his steamy Phil fiction stories with his own name (he would probably have created a "philsona" to represent himself), and besides you'd probably go blind sifting through that stuff. Or so I've heard.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2014, 01:26:17 PM »
Quote from: blanning;757778
Imaginary being to you, very real to me. Many things, too many to count, have happened in my life to make it obvious to me that God exists.

Also, I didn't realize this was a contest to be won or lost. I'm simply expressing my views.

Believe what you like mate.  I will never hold people beliefs against them until they start spouting sexist fanatical crap about how people should live "gods" way.  

Am i talking to somoone from a certain famous baptist church in america
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"