Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fickle with gaming?  (Read 2375 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: Fickle with gaming?
« on: January 06, 2013, 03:22:37 AM »
I'm not a big gamer at least with modern consoles but there are a few memorable games that will definitely be remembered. For me games like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty will be remembered for years to come because they are awesome and innovative (at least they were initially). But i don't really find modern games interesting as they tend to be the same. So yes i agree most games today are more style over substance.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: Fickle with gaming?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 01:01:14 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;721387
@commodorejohn

I have to agree that the indie scene has devolved into some hipster net slang for anything that hasn't come out of major developer but still charged a large sum for.

@kesa
would you say that it's the series as a whole that would be considered a classic or a single game?

Not sure. I was only thinking about me personally. But i guess if you look at things that were innovative it was only in the first couple of games and the rest of the series just continued to run with the same formula without changing anything. Not sure what games will end up with classic status among gamers but i can pick out my favourites that mean a lot to me.

Out of curiosity what modern games do you think deserve to be considered classics? And why?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.