Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Call me insane if you like but I think I want an X1000 now :)  (Read 9094 times)

Description:

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
Re: Call me insane if you like but I think I want an X1000 now :)
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 02:11:03 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;749541
....but as a developer I could easily enjoy this :laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:!!!

You know, I hear ya! And I owe you an apology... I heard what ya said but I was focused on my 460 so sorry for seeming defensive with my reply with your entire post quoted. But I would like to respond to your partial quote above , I really respect AOS4 devs who stick with it. I mean, it's gotta be exasperating being rubberman with one arm pulled on by ACube and the other by AEon. I'm not gonna go all full cheese omelet in this post as to why all this is but, I would like to say this... "We appreciate your talent Sir, May the AmiForce be with you!"
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 02:17:35 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;749559
It sure is sad. Lots of "hoarders" even with NG stuff. It seems alot of fanboys just want the ng system in their sigs for credit in the amiga forums then you go on their ibook or windows computers and troll against morphos and stuff haha

and yes I LOVE watching Demos on my a1200. I have a fast dual core laptop that runs latest Amiga forever, which is a good platform to watch amiga demos, but seeing the demos on the real thing on rgb monitors is the best!

I don't know about others Mag, but if I had the cash for such expensive hardware I'd be using it.
But, since we've exchanged messages before, I'm sure you're aware that I stick with my "lowly" PPC based Macs which are serving reasonably well.

While I understand your positive on the ISA, I'm not sure what Amiga or Amiga-likw OS' would bring to the X86 "table".
No SMP, a 1.5 GB memory limit, limited hardware selection?
Doesn't sound very competitive to me.
I'm using MorphOS, not AROS.

And the odd part is I know you've used MorphOS yourself.
While I know you advocate an ISA change, that doesn't negate the value that these new PPC systems have.
For one thing, their resale value definitely seems better than an X86 system.

Oh, and btw, I threw away my last CRT based monitors.
Too bulky.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 02:26:08 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;749546
People still talking about this motherboards (x1000, sams) like real amigas...

Well, lets see, those two systems run Amiga OS 4.1 which was developed from Amiga OS 3.1.
They have the legal right to call them AmigaOne computers.

You maybe hung up on legacy hardware, but my main use for my A2000 these days is to hold ISA breadboard cards as a convenient source of power and a useful backplane.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2013, 02:57:11 AM »
BTW guys anyone interested in X1000 might want to buy this guys:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/classifieds/index.php?pa=viewannonces&lid=3204

He is in Poland and looks like you could save a couple of bucks with a used one?
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline Iggy

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2013, 04:23:39 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;749564

He is in Poland and looks like you could save a couple of bucks with a used one?

Expensive, but no wait for delivery.
Thanks Mag.
But as you know, I'm a dedicated MorphOS user.
If A-eon's next products support both MorphOS and AOS 4.2 then maybe..

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2013, 09:24:52 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;749564

i think he is trying to do exactly what people are talking about here, to sell used item for a price of a new one. doesnt seem getting far with it.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2013, 09:41:39 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;749562
Well, lets see, those two systems run Amiga OS 4.1 which was developed from Amiga OS 3.1.

so what? why is this being hammered on every time? morphos and aros are implementing the same api, the same features and extend on that, thats exactly the same what happens on os4 one way or another. os4 may or may not be based on the genuine sources (we dont know for fact) but crucial elements as exec are foreign (as its been claimed). does that matter? does windows8 have to contain windows 3.1 code to be called windows?

They have the legal right to call them AmigaOne computers.

exactly. as in, i dont call aros "amiga" when i run it on my amigas, its still aros. and im fine with it to be amiga compatible.

You maybe hung up on legacy hardware, but my main use for my A2000 these days is to hold ISA breadboard cards as a convenient source of power and a useful backplane.

thats fine, to each his own. still, what you consider source of power, is actually called amiga. and then you use morphos, which is fine too, so why dont you claim it to be "amiga" i wonder..

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2013, 09:50:20 AM »
Quote from: gizmo350;749550
Anyways, here's to some AOS4.2 performance announcements at AmiWest! :pint:

be sure to have tons of announcements there, as essential as every year before. smp ,pardon some sort of "multicore support", gallium, warp3d, netbooks, cooperation, os4.2, open office, final firefox port,... thats what the whole amiwest is for, in the end.

of all things ever announced on amiwest, only x1k came actually true so far i remember. thanks trevor. now it looks like it is becoming a linux machine.

Offline Bamiga2002

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;749459
...Beyond CPU speed or driver issues or dog slow PS1 emulation (meaning you still can't play Wipeout 2097 a la PPC based A4000) i...
Wooot?? An A1200 surely can play Wipeout 2097 smoothly :).
CD32
A500

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;749584
i think he is trying to do exactly what people are talking about here, to sell used item for a price of a new one. doesnt seem getting far with it.

The price of a new one (AFAIK it is still possible to order new ones) is said to be ~$3,000 USD. This guy is asking ~$4,000 USD (€3,000 EUR) for his used one sold as second hand. It seems he is expecting to earn a thousand bucks from letting a computer get a little older. :lol:

The only thing that would be more hillarious would be if someone actually bought it!

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2013, 12:45:24 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;749618
The price of a new one (AFAIK it is still possible to order new ones) is said to be ~$3,000 USD. This guy is asking ~$4,000 USD (€3,000 EUR) for his used one sold as second hand. It seems he is expecting to earn a thousand bucks from letting a computer get a little older. :lol:

The only thing that would be more hillarious would be if someone actually bought it!

:nervous:

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2013, 07:04:32 AM »
Regarding a purchase: I remember panicking when we were going to the boXer then we were going Linux.
I will get a lot of use out of a minimig or FPGArcade right now, so that is what I will buy.

If you could get motherboard plus 2ghz or higher CPU for $600 I would buy it in a snap.
There is no mass production here, so it is not likely to happen.
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;749626
I just thought perhaps that X1000 is way more cheaper than say this ---> http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Powerful-Amiga1200Tower-BPPC-SPECIAL-EDITION-WORLDWIDE-FREE-SHIPPING-/261302306120?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item3cd6d4c548

ah, another too expensive ppc machine with almost no software to justify any actual use. perfect example to underline what we are talking about.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2013, 11:52:47 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;749618
This guy is asking ~$4,000 USD (€3,000 EUR) for his used one sold as second hand.

the machine, so far i have been aware of him posting about it, was barely used. he was so disappointed with it, or at least acted as such, that it is safe to assume, it must be as good as new. what concerns price, i think he is just trying his chances seeing how the community works, namely if there are people who prepay 3000$ systems months in advance, why wouldnt anyone pay 4000$ for immediate delivery. i think he is perfectly entiteled to do so and also i think he acts honestly. if he was for scam, he wouldnt badmouth the product he wants to sell so much in advance.

Offline slayer

• Show only replies by slayer
« Reply #59 from previous page: October 09, 2013, 12:22:46 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;749492
The X1000 user base is growing and there are new customers who left the Amiga scene returning which is pleasing, as well as existing customers upgrading to the X1000.

Nice feedback there Amigakit :hammer:

Keep up the good work :pint:
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in \'Lord of the Rings\'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x