Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help - Amiga video Gurus  (Read 1525 times)

Description:

Offline TenaciousTopic starter

• Show all replies
Help - Amiga video Gurus
« on: June 06, 2008, 03:53:10 PM »
I got a widescreen LCD, it's a Sony with lots of inputs including a VGA input.  It's wonderful!

Anyway, I've always wanted to include an Amiga in my entertainment center.  I have an Amiga 2000 with a Spectrum 28/24 from e-Bay.  I'm using Picasso 96 drivers but I'm not passing the native video modes thru it (no cable).

Yesterday, with great expectation, I hooked it all together and ... the Sony displays "Invalid Format".  So, I brought out a VGA monitor and changed the Picasso preferences to verticle and horizontal frequencies that the LCD prefers.  I then re-connected the Sony and ... no joy.

I've done this multiple times.  I must be missing something fundamental.  Has anyone else been down this road?

• Show all replies
Re: Help - Amiga video Gurus
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:32:35 PM »
I'm running version 2 of Picasso96.  

Looking at my TV's manual, it says"..PC input does not support Sync on Green or Composite Sync."  It also does not support interlaced signals.

I wonder what is the standard Sync scheme?  My Dell monitor is not choking.

The EGS 28/24 manual indicates that the graphics card supports several synchronization schemes.  The EGS software seems to include a method to select different types (sync on Green, Tesselated, Blank Black, Composite).  I can find no such toggles in the Picasso software.  Maybe I'll try the ECS software as you indicate.

I also have a Picasso II card available to me.  I wonder if it would be more compatible with this new Sony TV.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:23:07 AM »
I just lost my post .

I tried 640 x 480 and 800 x 600, both with a corresponding 60 Hz verticle frequency (Sony prefers this).  No dice.

I may try the Picasso II next, less work.

The EGS software looks more tempting all the time, especially sinse it was made for this card.

I looked thru my ImageFX installations, I have 1.51 and 2.6 (I think both are cover disk versions).  Was 1.62 ever on a Cover disk?

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 06:00:27 PM »
Hi Chris,

I'm running OS3.9 on that machine, most things are promoted to the current Picasso setting.  That's why I have to swap back to a VGA monitor to change settings and then re-connect to the TV to try.

I made a low profile oak cabinet, populated it with gleaming black components, painted a 2000 black (looks beautiful).  I've just got to get it to work!

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:07:59 PM »
Just a quick update.  I connected an A3000 with Picasso II (and Picasso96) to the Sony monitor, ..IT WORKED!  Several of the screen resolutions came up.  There was however, a funny flickering in some areas of the screen.

I copied the settings back to the A2000 with the Spectrum, no luck.

My enthusiasm for the project has waned a bit.  The new model PS3s finally came out.  We picked one up Monday and it's nice!  I wrote an AVI file to CD and the PS3 played it.  Wrote another episode to a USB thumb drive and it played from that, too.

I'm impressed!