Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Latest version 9275 (IIRC) of CaffeineOS supports wifipi out of the box bringing up a GUI wirelessmanager when you have wifipi.device selected in your stack
I have the big binder manual. Would that be helpful?
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: Amiga 1000 (PAL) CIA issues
« Last post by Castellen on May 11, 2024, 01:50:42 AM »
The 8520 CIAs from A500, A2000, A3000 are compatible with the A1000.

You could also run a copy of the DiagROM binary on the PiStorm and see what the CIA test reports.
https://www.diagrom.com/index.php/download/
JoyRide (see Aminet) could be part of the solution. IIRC it generates input events for joystick input, and maybe they could be remapped to existing or new keyboard shortcuts. That would be enough to assign specific actions to joystick buttons and directions, or do you want to navigate around the UI with the joystick?
Exactly how i have done it numerous times.
I have downloaded a few times and configured differnlty the wifipi.device and always a failure.
Wirelessmanager doesnt see it as afile, project or tool.
3.2 system or Caffeine same results ad infinitum.

One time, briefly on caffeine some activity happened when i executed wirelessmanager wifipi.device
Started getting data briefly, never to be recreated again.

Why do I continue? I probably will never use my system for going online anyways.
https://youtu.be/nWyapZRtn6Q

Some idiot fumbling around for 7 and a half minutes trying to do it from memory on a fresh CaffeineOS 916 install... maybe you'll spot something you did differently...?

PiStorm32 Lite, RPi3B
I have a couple problems using Amiga BASIC.

One problem is, when you save a basic program to a floppy.  in the file's Info.. it says the deafult tool is :AmigaBASIC.     the problem there is if you double click on the icon for the program in the floppiy's window, it seems to try to find AmigaBASIC on the floppy... in my case it's on the hard drive in SYS:
So is there a way to solve this?  What I've been doing is changing the info so that the default tool is SYS:AmigaBASIC...

Another seems to be the opposite problem... once the program is loaded into AmigaBASIC, if the program tries to open a file by just giving a file name, for example ...OPEN "foo.txt" FOR INPUT AS #1...   it can't find foo.txt, even though it resides on the floppy that the program was loaded from. I can fix that by specifying the floppy drive as "DF0:foo.txt"   but I'd like to make my program more generic than that since I can't predict which floppy drive, or hard drive a user will use to load my program.

It seems both problems are related to what the drive defaults are...
Fake input events could be generated as required, so certainly it is something that is supported by the OS.
I've used DiskMonTools to repair FFS partitions over 4GB. It takes ages. For under 4GB I use the old Haynie classic DiskSalv!

The new DiskDoctor cannot repair, it only rescues files to another storage medium.

Your best bet is to backup all files, format the partition and restore the backup.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10