Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Building Netsurf 3.x for 68K  (Read 5176 times)

Description:

Offline chris

Re: IBrowse 2.5 finally on its way?
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 08, 2017, 09:29:55 PM »
Quote from: utri007;824289
I think that Chris doesn't have anything against it that somebody would fix Netsurf to use class act. He just don't want to do it.

Correct.

Quote from: wawrzon;824291
it has not been tested. it is a development version, so it would make sense to disable the check and see what it actually needs.

I know what it needs as I have the source code and the Autodocs.  The versions requested are definitely correct for the libraries, for the classes maybe not - it looks like when I ported it back to 3.5 I've blanket set the version numbers to 44 (bevel.image, for starters, will be happy with any version).

Quote from: wawrzon

im not sure i have seen netsurf reaction frontend features that wouldnt work with the free available class act.

I'm not so sure.  I've definitely been using newer window.class features - although I reverted some of this or created workarounds for 3.5/9 - and chooser.gadget and clicktab.gadget are dodgy on OS3.5 (clicktab is broken also on OS3.9).  Even if it turns out I'm not explicitly using v44 features, it's highly likely some bug will mean they don't work as intended anyway.

I'll go through and set the correct version numbers when I have sufficient time to do so.

Quote from: wawrzon;824302
so, for the record, i tried that script again on my lubuntu build setup, and as i said it needs some tweaking. it doesnt build the gcc itself for some reason. i have gcc 6.2.0 amiga toolchain and i have gcc4.6.4 and gcc 6.3.0 aros68k toolchains, but i doubt it will build with these out of the box if the default is 3.x.x.

It should work with the aros68k toolchains, but you will most likely need to do some tweaking of buildsystem.git (and the NetSurf makefiles), as it will be expecting m68k-unknown-amigaos as the triplet, rather than whatever AROS is, so various things won't work.

If you build a "normal" Amiga m68k version of gcc it should work fine, no matter what version, however you might need to re-point some paths.  I didn't realise there was a working gcc 6.2.0 for Amiga m68k.  It would be good to get the NetSurf toolchain updated if you want to look at that?
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline wawrzonTopic starter

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 11:53:27 PM »
Quote from: chris;824360

It should work with the aros68k toolchains, but you will most likely need to do some tweaking of buildsystem.git (and the NetSurf makefiles), as it will be expecting m68k-unknown-amigaos as the triplet, rather than whatever AROS is, so various things won't work.

to replace the triplet is the easiest part, however id probably rather go for the amiga gcc6 at this time if i wouldnt shelve it again, distracted by some aros68k issues id like to finalize one day before.

If you build a "normal" Amiga m68k version of gcc it should work fine, no matter what version, however you might need to re-point some paths.  I didn't realise there was a working gcc 6.2.0 for Amiga m68k.  It would be good to get the NetSurf toolchain updated if you want to look at that?

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85474&highlight=gcc

https://github.com/bebbo

i would like, but im so slow and inexperienced when it comes to coding that it takes me days what others do in minutes and the most idiotic thing is that frequently the last key issue gets me stuck and stops me to actually commit anything worthy. there is so much i have almost done, im buried under it..

Offline chris

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 11:55:16 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;824391
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85474&highlight=gcc

https://github.com/bebbo

Cool, that's branched off the one I built the updated cross-compiler from previously, so hopefully it isn't too much hassle to update to gcc6.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline wawrzonTopic starter

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »
Quote from: chris;824404
Cool, that's branched off the one I built the updated cross-compiler from previously, so hopefully it isn't too much hassle to update to gcc6.

im not sure if you can consider it branched from cahirs one. the difference between 4.x.x and 6.x.x may be significant, hwen it comes to what syntax is accepted and which depreciated and what standards are default, and even forcing the one you need may not always work.

im stuck again somewhere else, linking.. sigh!!