Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: my Tribute to the Amiga in 3D  (Read 454 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: my Tribute to the Amiga in 3D
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
four minutes flag waving loop?

Offline wawrzon

Re: my Tribute to the Amiga in 3D
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »
Quote from: dschallock;775339
Yes, it was a long loop.  But I do think it was cool that you scanned the boxes of the software that was important to you through the years.
I liked seeing real3d in there.  i spent many hours working in real3d back in the day.  I bought it after an issue of Amiga world came out and did a 3d program comparison.  Real3d seemed (at least on paper) to be the winner.  I don't think there is any doubt that Lightwave is the overall best 3d package to ever come out on Amiga, but real3d had some really cool advanced features and they kept supporting the Amiga for many years.  To this day I think you can get a discount on upgrading to their latest software if you own an amiga copy.  If only real3d had a better key frame animation system instead of path based.

yes, it is the real3d box. lightwave may be better but real was really a package wit most unique approach. the other thing is why does it say "powered by amiga" since it clerarly is rendered wit something else, even if a similar animation would actually may be possible with amiga software, even soft shadows. i find it a little misleading.