Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: does anyone own an electric car?  (Read 10713 times)

Description:

Offline Louis Dias

Re: does anyone own an electric car?
« on: September 10, 2021, 01:32:27 PM »
I have a 2020 Kia Niro EV.  It's great.  It's like a baby Tesla.  With the 120v charger it does a full charge in about 24 hours.  I installed a 240v outlet outside my house and bought a generic 240v charger and now a full charge takes 10 hours.  I get ~250 miles on a full charge.

That said, I'd never drive across the country in it because I can't be bothered to wait 30 minutes for a 80% DC fast-charge.  I'd rent a gas-powered charge and fill up in minutes and continue my trip.

Offline Louis Dias

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 05:29:08 PM »
Plants and trees are the best carbon-capturing devices I've seen.  They keep cutting more and more of them down then complain about too much CO2.  What will end up happening is we'll have less O2 being produced.  Everything mainstream is backwards.

Thank being said, I don't own an EV because of that...it was just cheaper to own long term since I already have solar panels.

Offline Louis Dias

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 01:38:24 AM »
I'm sure those diesel generators powering those charge stations are real good for the environment...   ???
Aka, EV's are not 'green' and mining those rare earth minerals to build batteries is probably worse...

I'm very pro-EV but just because I like the technology and it's overall cheaper for me as it cut my 'fill-up' costs to 1/3rd since it's my own electricity.  Of course when a high % of people in my area get them, I am sure we'll be like California and have an electricity shortage...  Which is what's coming...as planned.