Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Skype is the next phenomenon from the people who brought you KaZaA  (Read 2862 times)

Description:

Offline Cass

• Show all replies
This is the piece of software we certainly need! The voice quality is superb, and very easy to use the program.

The linux platform got its port recently, so I hope to see this proggie for our AMiGAs too :hammer:.
There is a platform independent solution for calls over INet, and it is called Speak Freely but its command based only and has a rudimental arexx GUI.

________
Honda RC211V
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:27:21 PM by Cass »
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"

Offline Cass

• Show all replies
Re: Skype is the next phenomenon from the people who brought you KaZaA
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 10:50:21 PM »
@Odin

:-) Well it happens to use Skype for quite a long time now (on my PC unfortunatelly), but yesterday I spoke with a friend of mine who is a Linux fanatic! He used the linux version of the program and was pretty cool. The last time I visited http://www.skype.com , there were only M$-clients (maybe for Macs also) but no other OS support.

It would be like instant-messaging prorams (msn,icq etc.) to be a platform-independant way of communication (jabber), but supporting voice!!! And the quality is optimal!

I didn't use it as a phone replacement, just PC<->PC to cut the international-call costs down.
________
BDSM SHOCK
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:27:36 PM by Cass »
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"