Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wii vs. CD32  (Read 5240 times)

Description:

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
Re: Wii vs. CD32
« on: April 18, 2008, 02:27:36 PM »
I agree with AlexH comments on the matter.

The CD32 is a great little item for an Amiga fanboy, I had the FMV module that made it a bit cooler but It's a footnote in gaming history.

At the time Commodore couldn't even get placment in Toys R US, Or any US reatailers at ToyFair, the writting was on the wall that they were bleeding bad.

A case to too little too late. Now if A CD32 came in to replace the shelf space commodore once had with the Commdore64 in US Retailers, maybe we'd all be playing Commodore Blu-Ray 256 bit mega system.

But even back then in the US, there was a concerted effort to make the world a single operating system world, and games were either Sega or NINTENDO. Marketing folk cleverly refered to the Amiga as outdated, and even though it was ahead of the competition for so long. Commodore rode that train for way too long.

Had a CD32 been released instead of CDTV or a year later it could have been a contender.

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 03:55:32 PM »
Honestly, If you want to "RELIVE" the CD32 experience on a real game system, go to any given URBAN video game store, In NY we have the neighborhoods where one store sell, cell phones, sneakers, wigs, and video games. Buy a second had XBOX $69-$89  and read up on how to do all the crazy mods.

Make sure you have the Samsung drive so you can read all those CD32 disks. Install UAEX for XBOX and you have a CD32 with Component output to a modern TV. Get one of those mutli game CD32 disks and you're set. You can also get USB converters and use a PC USB mouse and keyboard.

Try using modern hardware like that on an Amiga, a USB card is over $100.

I used a setup like this and it's really great. Still trying to build the "perfect A1200" that can do both CD32 and Amiga disk games. But that's becuase at one point I was working on the Mini-MIG mas prodction run and I was into seeing what ran on a real Amiga Vs. Mini-MIG. Also wanted a real fuctional Amiga to show investors.

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 04:33:42 PM »
It's funny that CD32's still wind up on EBAY every week From China (where  else) and at premium prices! So much for a failed console... meanwhiles used gamecubes, and dreamcasts go for like $30 bucks.