Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sonnet crescendo 7200 and OS4.1  (Read 17433 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: Sonnet crescendo 7200 and OS4.1
« Reply #164 from previous page: May 21, 2018, 08:35:00 AM »
Quote from: lou_dias;839557
I'm running Team Foundation Server 2018 at home.  http://www.diasintegrated.com:8080/tfs
It's free for up to 5 users.
Hey, I make my living as a .Net coder ... so shoot me.

Whatever pays the bills. I've had to do some C# in the past, too.
int p; // A

Offline IggyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »
Quote from: kev711;839562
just fyi we are working on multiple chipsets so mpc107/tsi107 etc etc wont be the only supported

this will help with prices and availability of cards and we have someone working on cheaper pci carriers for those

Does  Tundra Semi still support and supply the mpc107/tsi107?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline kev711

• Show only replies by kev711
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2018, 08:20:25 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;839569
not that i know of but their were many that made that chip but most used was either the TSI107 or XPC107 from Moto and there are many versions 66mhz-133mhz
we are trying other bridges made by IBM and Moto and maybe Marvell etc but dont get your hopes up everything is always WIP

but you can find XPC107 easily MPC107 was a ceramic chip that i havent seen used anywhere its either XPC107 or TSI07

Offline psxphill

« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2018, 09:16:14 PM »
Quote from: kev711;839572
but you can find XPC107 easily MPC107 was a ceramic chip that i havent seen used anywhere

Isn't it like XC68060 vs MC68060? Where they fix bugs in the XC and then it becomes MC when it's signed off?

"Motorola will continue to support both the Z00K21S (Rev C, i.e.
      XPC107APX66/100LC)mask revision and the new mask revision, Z02K21S.
      The Rev D XPC107 is not a drop in replacement in some designs. Thus,
      Rev C will still be offered. For any new design, Motorola strongly
      suggests customers use the rev D version.

For more information, please refer to the application notes,"MPC107,
      Revision 1.3 and 1.4: Comparison and Compatibility." (AN2455/D) on
      the MPC107 product summary page on the web.

CHANGED PART IDENTIFICATION

XPC107 product built with the Rev D mask, Z02K21S, will have a "D"
      suffix at the end of the device number (XPC107APX66LD and
      XPC107APX100LD),as opposed to the "C" suffix for the Z00K21S mask
      product (XPC107APX66C and XPC107APX100LC) Also, the device marking
      will contain "02K21S" as the mask revision. All other marking on the
      device will remain unchanged. "

The XC68060 and MC68060 were both available in ceramic, it will have "FE" on the chip. I would expect XPC107 and MPC107 to be the same.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:23:51 PM by psxphill »

Offline kev711

• Show only replies by kev711
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2018, 09:22:57 PM »
Quote from: psxphill;839573
Isn't it like XC68060 vs MC68060? Where they fix bugs in the XC and then it becomes MC when it's signed off?

"Motorola will continue to support both the Z00K21S (Rev C, i.e.
      XPC107APX66/100LC)mask revision and the new mask revision, Z02K21S.
      The Rev D XPC107 is not a drop in replacement in some designs. Thus,
      Rev C will still be offered. For any new design, Motorola strongly
      suggests customers use the rev D version.

For more information, please refer to the application notes,"MPC107,
      Revision 1.3 and 1.4: Comparison and Compatibility." (AN2455/D) on
      the MPC107 product summary page on the web.

CHANGED PART IDENTIFICATION

XPC107 product built with the Rev D mask, Z02K21S, will have a "D"
      suffix at the end of the device number (XPC107APX66LD and
      XPC107APX100LD),as opposed to the "C" suffix for the Z00K21S mask
      product (XPC107APX66C and XPC107APX100LC) Also, the device marking
      will contain "02K21S" as the mask revision. All other marking on the
      device will remain unchanged. "

The XC68060 and MC68060 were both available in ceramic, if you wanted it (which not many people did). I would expect XPC107 and MPC107 to be the same.
nope doesnt seem to follow that rule with these bridges
 the harrier bridge they made is ceramic though but is completely incompatible with XPC107
i have seen one pic on google of the MPC107 but like i said never seen it used the last ceramic bridge that was used was the 106 which doesnt have I2O
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:28:00 PM by kev711 »

« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2018, 07:27:46 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;839494
thats iggy how we know him, right?

;)P

im curious if his aros ppc fork will share the fate of his appointed ppc custom hardware design. nevertheless, as i wished him luck, i hope it wont. looking at safari-leopard webikt diffs id really love to have some relevant big endian testing platforms. without too much bragging about. better doing.

Interesting you would reference that, as you all failed to respond in any significant numbers, and I ended up collaborating with some like minded Linux enthusiasts to  work on a  T2080 based laptop.

Funding for the first part of that, the scematics, is essentially complete and Acube has been working on the design of that.
I can thank the commitment of Roberto Innocenti and his friends for that, not Amiga enthusiasts because they always want someone else to shoulder the burden of creating the goods.

Linux enthusiasts don't think like that.

And I've  completed projects like this before decades ago with the 68000 and 68020 processors.

I have support from NXP that dates back to the days of Motorola Semi, and have full documentation of a couple of reference design boards (right down to the full board layouts) and the Cadence/Orcad software needed load and manipulate them.

So, what have you all been doing lately? Waiting for a project based on a third rate eMC500v2 based cpu?

I have, and will put my time and effort into directions that make sense.
That was part of a discussion via e-mail that started with Bill Buck over the weekend, about economics and sensible strategic business management.

BTW - That was my major, because there were no IT programs when I started in this field, Business Management.

And my first job offer was from Dr. Fred Hoffstetter, after doing some work/study while still in High School.
Fred eventually became the director of Multi-media Communications at the University of Delaware.

So, does anyone want to compare experiences, productivity, or the length of their penises again?

Thanks to coordination with Mark "Bigfoot" Olsen,  Paul "Acill" Rezendes, and David "AmigaDave" Morris we arranged a pre-release demo of MorphOS 3.10 at last year's AmiWest.

Again, I ask you all, what do you do with your spare time? Outside of work, I study for my MBA, and work on projects like these.

And I'm not particularly thin skinned, but if I set my mind to it, I usually get what I'm aiming for.

So, you all still waiting for third party salvation?
It ain't happening, we need to take it upon ourselves because  no one with a reasonable sense of economics and good business priorities would come anywhere near this community.

Btw, a 68K port of Oddesey is rediculous.

And to conclude, big median platforms are disappearing.
What next, you guys going to suggest we recreate those with FPGAs, only to still be stymied by issues related to software coded with little median platforms in mind?

Again, a move to a little median platforms is the only eventual course left to us with any sendibility.
Whether it's bi-endian like Power 9 or some ARM variants, or natively little median like X64, it doesn't matter to me.

I saw the writing on the wall in the '90's and while I didn't like it, I shifted my primary ISA.

My former employer died while still promoting 68K. Some of you seem dead set on that intent as well.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:51:56 PM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Rob

« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2018, 10:00:29 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;839569

They're defunct.  

The rest of the range can be found at IDT.

https://www.idt.com/products/memory-logic/ehb-embedded-host-bridges/?field-processor-bus=PowerPC%207xx%2F7448%20-167MHz%2CPowerPC%207xx%2F7448%20-200MHz&method-field-processor-bus=OR

« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2018, 11:10:23 PM »
Quote from: Rob;839645
They're defunct.  

The rest of the range can be found at IDT.

https://www.idt.com/products/memory-logic/ehb-embedded-host-bridges/?field-processor-bus=PowerPC%207xx%2F7448%20-167MHz%2CPowerPC%207xx%2F7448%20-200MHz&method-field-processor-bus=OR

You know, that was pretty stupid of me, because I have two samples of a 68K/PPC PCI bridge that used to be a Tundra product that were supplied by IDT.
I'm not sure where they are or if the vacuum packaging is intact, but that was one truly defunct idea I gave up on.
Too much code needed to drive the bridge.

And I apologize for the last rant.
Sometimes I have "flashbacks" to the '90s and that sense of immanent doom that everyone could see barreling down on my preferred ISA.
Sucks losing out to inferior technology because of "market forces".

But I'm not going to repeat that "last man on a sinking ship" experience.
It pretty much killed my friend and former employer, while I was in the 68K development community.
I tried to warn him (we'd received beta copies of Win 3.0 direct from IBM, that would load onto generic X86 hardware).
The birth of the computer as an appliance may have been born in the Apple Macintosh, but it was easy to see a future where to sole remaining major players would be the PC and the Mac.

Damned that sucked, and it Is still a gaping wound for me.

As to Bill Buck, some infer that he abandoned the community, but actually Genesi's devotion to the PPC nearly drove them into bankruptcy.

There are times when you have to realize it's over, and learn to move on.

Not sure I've completely learned that lesson yet, myself.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:14:01 PM by Iggy »

Offline amiadudeorwat

« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2018, 02:40:51 AM »
Since the forums have been down the SonnetAmiga project has added support for two other PPC cards. 
Ragnarok which is a PowerPC 750FX 800Mhz 256MB
KillerNIC K1 and M1 which is an MPC8383 333MHz and 400MHz 64MB