Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Compuquick's Update about Amiga Expo  (Read 3901 times)

Description:

Chathurawind

Compuquick's Update about Amiga Expo
« on: April 01, 2002, 09:13:54 PM »
Here's a quick update from CompuQuick regarding their experience with Amiga Expo over the weekend.

Hello Fellow Amigans.

We just returned from the wonderful Amiga Expo Show organized by Kermit Woodall of Nova Design with great detail and class.

It was a pleasure to spend March 29th, 30th and 31st at the show held at the beautiful Hunt Valley Marriot Inn and meet all the friendly Amiga faces.

Kermit took great pains to make sure that all aspects of the Show were well coordinated with help from Will Haslup and the local Amiga Group NCAUG. It was great to see the other local user group CECIL represented at the show also.

It was also great to see so many of the Amigans turn up for the show, attend the classes and seminars, visit the vendor booths and make generous purchases.

The evening Banquet on Saturday concluded nicely with an excellent live band that included an excellent performance on the keyboards by Tim Jenison, founder of New Tek who by the way happens to be an avid Beatles fan like yours truly. I only wish I could drink the rest of my spilled Gin & Tonic by lifting the entire Yamaha Keyboard and letting it all drip down !!

We were happy that so many of you have preordered the Amiga One G3 - SE and the O.S.4.0 from us at the Show. Please continue to pre-order the same on our website at www.compuquick-amigadirect.com, under the New Amigas' section.

The friendliness of the Amigans is what brings us back to each of the fine Amiga Shows again and again year after year.

Once again Thank you for all your support and LONG LIVE AMIGA !!

RANDHIR & SARLA JESRANI
COMPUQUICK MEDIA CENTER
3758 TOWN & COUNTRY ROAD
COLUMBUS. OH. 43213.
TEL: 614-235-1180, 614-235-3601
FAX: 614-235-1180.
www.compuquick-amigadirect.com
sales@compuquick-amigadirect.com

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: Compuquick's Update about Amiga Expo
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2002, 11:39:01 PM »
Compuquick are good people, but I do believe they are confused.

>G3 600 Mhz, 256 Mb Ram, 40G Hd, 56 X Atapi >CD, 64 Mb AGP nVIDIA GeFORCE, 3.5" Floppy, >Mse, Keybd.

I doubt they know something we don't, nVIDIA GeFORCE is not supported in OS4.0. I am going to send them a polite email.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Chathurawind

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2002, 12:40:23 AM »
Thanks for the correction.
A posting error on our part.

Randhir Jesrani
Compuquick

Chathurawind

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2002, 10:41:15 AM »
Sounds good. I cant wait till theres a report on how many systems were sold. When do you think something like this would be done?

I mean, Eyetech will sell so many baords to dealers and what not, but how will they know, how many consumers/developers actualy bought the boards?

Anyway, it would atleast be good to know how many developer boards went out to Developers/Beta Testers/Dealers and how many consumer boards are going to dealers

Chathurawind

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2002, 04:08:47 PM »
It would be good to be a part of the statistics by buying one of the boards. Then you get a feel for the progress of this project that Eyetech has undertaken that is going to be a big boost to our starved Amiga Community.

It matters little about the exact numbers sold in each category. But hopefully, a lot more boards for the consumer/ end user.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2002, 04:50:47 PM »
I'd expect some rough numbers will crop up unnoficially within the next year.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2002, 02:17:00 AM »
well, I had a great time at the Expo! I got to play with extreme corporations toys and my ImageFX sure is fast and beautiful on PC hardware.

As soon as my new job starts i'm getting a laptop that will never leave my side. but i've always been rabid about my Amigas!    :-o  :-D
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial