Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Spambots vs Virus  (Read 810 times)

Description:

Offline gizz72Topic starter

• Show only replies by gizz72
Spambots vs Virus
« on: September 17, 2004, 09:22:15 AM »
Greetings,

I've seen servers go down. I've seen emails, rampant with it. Every minute every second, someone would email you with such wierd content only to find out, it's just baiting you to make it multiply. Till the mail server or host goes bye-bye. I believe millions of $$ are wasted to these things well call SpamBots, spywares and so on... To me they're just plain annoying!!! From insurance policy to sex bondage!! Arrgh!! I get an email daemon telling me does not exist or email is full. or worse... more and more spam came. I even read that you can design your own 'spam trap'.

Solutions to fight back are now on the rise like anti-spybot. It's now a thriving business to some. Just glad the Amiga is not much affected directly by all of this. :-)

Just your website or email server... BTW are spambot/ spyware are more dangerous than virus? or are they just the same?

In case you're hungry for more..
http://www.obliquity.com/computer/spambait/
---EDIT---
DOH@!! Soo very soory! our network in the office is lagging again. So sorry.. :oops:
--/EDIT---

Regards,

Gizz
Good day to all Amigans!
Please Check My FaceBook page
or my Resource Blog @ G.A.R.P.

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
MANNY - A1200 + CobraDKB \'030 w/ 32MB + DataF

Offline Bezzen

• Show only replies by Bezzen
    • http://www.streammountain.se
Re: Spambots vs Virus
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 10:48:33 AM »
What really bugs me is that you can not be sure about your emails getting through to the recipient anymore. It's really annoying when you don't know if a person is just ignoring to reply or if some sort of spamfilter has decided to drop your email.