Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?  (Read 51297 times)

Description:

Offline Fats

• Show all replies
Re: Ease off bashing Amiga x1000?
« on: July 23, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;741670
People pointing out that they disagree with spending 3,000$ for a computer thats missing drivers or that has components that are not even supported by the OS is not bashing, its just expressing an opinion some don't agree with.

I becomes bashing if they make a sport of it to have it posted as high as possible in every OS4 related thread. Why can't these people just focus on what they like and have to focus on what they don't like ?
I read aorg daily and already know for months you, TMHGM, OlafS3 & co. won't buy an AEon machine. Why do you have to always repeat it ?
Trust me...                                              I know what I\'m doing

Offline Fats

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 01:08:37 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;741819
@fats:
hmm, maybe im recalling wrong, but werent you once playing with an idea of getting an x1k?

Not that I remember but I may be getting old...
It currently is not in my plans but never say never. I have an A1G3SE though with OS4.0, Mac with MorphOS 2.7 thanks to some MOS enthousiasts and developing AROS on my x86_64 Linux machine.

Offline Fats

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 11:12:22 PM »
Quote from: Thorham;742026
That problem can be solved by hand optimizing the compiler output, so that's not necessarily an issue. It can also be solved by reimplementing AROS in assembly language (probably the best way). Yes, quite a chore, I know ;)

What I understood is that the gfx chipset driver are also a big contributor to the slowness of AROS m68k ATM.

Offline Fats

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 07:01:16 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;742413
MorphOS started as a rewrite of the Amiga OS by the "superstar" coders of the Amiga scene who had spent the 90's keeping our beloved platform alive.  OS4 started because a greedy wannabe lawyer and a greedy truck driver wanted to milk as much money as they could from what was remaining of our community.

For me the problem with MorphOS was with BBRV long before Hyperion had anything to do with OS development. His business tactic were in my eyes bad: he seemed to go from confrontation to confrontation in the Amiga world. Although long ago I also do seem to remember having problems with Ralph Smidth's attitude; this was still the time forums didn't exists and usenet was the place to discuss things.
What I do agree with is that Bill McEwen is likely incompetent for leading a company.