Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to create a fast (but stable) OS3.9 AGA setup  (Read 44453 times)

Description:

Offline mike-

• Show all replies
Re: How to create a fast (but stable) OS3.9 AGA setup
« on: December 18, 2009, 05:52:57 AM »
http://aminet.net/package/util/misc/gfxroute check that, and pay attention to fscreen. That thing greatly speeds up aga. And tlsfmem of course. If you have an 040 or 060, look into copymem and some other recent patch i cant remember the name of.
C= Amiga Addict & Dendrophiliac
(Oo)
⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ

Offline mike-

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 01:09:41 AM »
If you have blizzard/cs*, you can use blizkick to load the modules, and patch for more speed, speedyide amongst others, is terribly usefull.

Also , keep an eye on the version of the scsi.device, exec and workbench.library. I had to use morelibspace REBOOT at the first line, blizkick at the second, then setpatch i believe, followed by tlsf copymem and patch060 ( latest 060/040 goodies on aminet)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 01:19:27 AM by mike- »
(Oo)
⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ

Offline mike-

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 10:53:15 AM »
Resident in the ROM, however, the Boingbag 1-2 process, updates the scsi.device, it detects what amiga you have, and updates the scsi.device thereafter ( look in the amigaos rom update file and theres a scsi.device-1200-600- 2000-3000 & 4000 & 4000T. You can use ROMSPLIT and or REMUS to _extract modules_ and build a rom, however, the shell-seq i believe, need to be pached to be put on a rom again. ROMSPLIT will allow you to extract and patch, the scsi.device patch is important. Good luck. Use http://aminet.net/disk/misc/check4gb.lha to check if your currently good on the scsi.device, there is also a patch, for the scsi.device in tlsfmem, this has been updated and its on aminet, and i believe mentioned in this post. http://aminet.net/package/driver/media/SCSI4345p anyway
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 10:57:44 AM by mike- »
(Oo)
⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ

Offline mike-

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 11:25:44 AM »
@amigadave

Blizkick can be a bit confusing/intimidating at first glance. But you can basically copy the loadmodule module line over, and use there rest of the patches after the kickstart has been saved with saverom, the documentation explains it very well. Modules like FusuionReverse ( i believe its called) are shapeshifter specific , or mac emulation..

Hey if you figure out how to get shapeshifter running fast, please holler... I´ve tried 7.1 and 8 i believe, and they all ran slow as feck... Using a 512 meg image... I wonder if creating a partition would be better..

But again, the problem i ran into, was that i kept dropping in certain versions of libraries and devices.. Which is really scary if you have stuff over 4gigs.. I ended up with a 5 step reboot, but thats fine given the speed, and functionality. Say i dropped the morelibspace REBOOT, it should have worked with os3.9 without a reboot, but that screwed up my scsi.device, exec, and workbench.library.. Also try out various 68060 libraries, the unofficial ones on phase5.a1k.org/ gave me a substantial boost over various others, however, i think the latest mmu libs are are as fast if not faster, and with of course, various fixes no doubt.

I´ll post the beginnig of my startup-sequence once i have the linux box running again.. Maybe someone can give me some pointers.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:01:04 PM by mike- »
(Oo)
⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ

Offline mike-

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 06:04:23 PM »
@amigadave

SpeedyIDE ( speeds ide by 5-10 times) , SpeedyCHIP,  fusionreserve ( replaces a shapsehifter patch), quickboot ( removes the lsd boot display, and should be seconds quicker, i thinik), noclick , and localfast i believe saves chip , speedychip is not necessary though.. its been replaced by other patches . im working from memory so.. read up :> good to hear you´ve got her up.
(Oo)
⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ