Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Children of Húrin  (Read 889 times)

Description:

Offline blobranaTopic starter

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
The Children of Húrin
« on: March 26, 2007, 08:33:21 PM »
Christopher Tolkien has completed the last book of J.R.R. Tolkien from notes left from his father.
The first new Tolkien novel for 30 years is to be published next month. In a move eagerly anticipated by millions of fans across the world, The Children of Húrin will be released worldwide on 17 April, 89 years after the author started the work and four years after the final cinematic instalment of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, one of biggest box office successes in history.

Read more

Offline Turambar

• Show only replies by Turambar
    • http://gentleman-bastards.com/
Re: The Children of Húrin
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:21:08 PM »
It's all about me. Read it. It'll be good.

Offline Cymric

• Show only replies by Cymric
Re: The Children of Húrin
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 10:11:54 AM »
Quite frankly, the entire saga about all these human heroes is boring as hell. It's more about genealogies and weird languages than actual story. I read the Silmarillion to get a feeling for the background of Hobbit and Lord of the Rings; and that should have been the end, really. The rest is milking the goods for all they're worth and feeding the ... ringsies, I suppose I'd call them (after 'trekkies'). Tolkien sr. simply isn't a great writer: he's much better off at creating the imaginary world the... episodes take place in.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.