Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sin City  (Read 860 times)

Description:

Offline ottomobiehlTopic starter

• Show only replies by ottomobiehl
Sin City
« on: April 05, 2005, 01:47:52 AM »
I had the opportunity to see Sin City this weekend and was pleasantly suprised.  It probably had to do with the fact that I've never really followed Frank Miller's comic books that much and had no real expectations to base it upon.

It was very stylized and a lot more violent than I thought it would be.  I would recommend anyone to go and see it and will probably catch it again my self.

Anybody else have a chance to see it?  I'm curious to hear what you thought of it.

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
Re: Sin City
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 02:54:02 PM »
I saw it too. It was alright. Very Kill Bill like. There's lots of brutality in it, which is OK, however it seems that that was pretty much everything that the movie concentrated on. It became pretty obvious that every single character which the story follows would sooner or later sadistically chop someone's head, arms, nuts, etc. off. I don't know...it felt like a children's oriented movie with extreme violence and lots of semi-naked ladies in it.

In any case, it was worth a watch, if anything at least for the ladies in it.

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 05:37:43 PM »
I loved it!

Particularly when you could build all those little stadiums and watch your approval rating go through the roof....

Oops.  Wrong subject.  

Still it gives me a great idea for a game.
Cecilia for President

Offline ottomobiehlTopic starter

• Show only replies by ottomobiehl
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 07:18:53 PM »
x56h34 wrote:
I saw it too. It was alright. Very Kill Bill like. There's lots of brutality in it, which is OK, however it seems that that was pretty much everything that the movie concentrated on. It became pretty obvious that every single character which the story follows would sooner or later sadistically chop someone's head, arms, nuts, etc. off. I don't know...it felt like a children's oriented movie with extreme violence and lots of semi-naked ladies in it.

I've heard that it follows the comic pretty closely, which is also (I've heard) very violent).  I thought that it was interesting the different way they showed the blood depending on the story at the time.

In any case, it was worth a watch, if anything at least for the ladies in it.

Yep.  :-D

PMC wrote:
I loved it!

Particularly when you could build all those little stadiums and watch your approval rating go through the roof....

Oops.  Wrong subject.  

Still it gives me a great idea for a game.

:roflmao: