Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sandra Dee  (Read 1066 times)

Description:

Offline asian1Topic starter

• Show only replies by asian1
Sandra Dee
« on: February 24, 2005, 04:15:09 PM »
On February 20, 2005, the famous 1950/1960 actress Sandra Dee (62) had passed away.

http://sandradeefans.com/sdfilmlist.html

There are famous songs related to Sandra Dee:

1. Look at me, i'm Sandra Dee (from "Grease", 1978).

2. Tammy (1963) - Theme song (Jay Livingston)

3. Summer Place (1959) - Theme song (Percy Faith)

4. Beyond The Sea (2004) - Robbie Williams (Cover)

Beyond The Sea is a song by Bobby Darin (her former husband), written for her.

Anyone remember the above movies or songs?

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Re: Sandra Dee
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 05:46:18 PM »
Anyone remember the above movies or songs?
you bet.
I'm not sure what to say as such things are part of the fabric of one's life and aren't removed. All I can say is thank you Sandra for being a talented lady.

a friend sent me these obits. These people may seem obscure, but still part of that fabric i was refering to:

February 23, 2005
SIMONE SIMON, 1910-2005

The French actress Simone Simon passed away yesterday
in Paris.

In the 1930s, Darryl Zanuck whisked her to the USA, amid much hoopla, where she starred in a number of Fox films before becoming disenchanted with Hollywood. Among those American films were Henry King's sound remake of the Borzage silent classic, Seventh Heaven (1937), in which Simon starred opposite James Stewart.

Simon also starred in Jean Renoir's La Bête humaine (1938); William Dieterle's The Devil and Daniel Webster (1941); Jacques Tourneur's Cat People (1942); and Max Ophüls' La Ronde (1950) and Le Plaisir (1952).
- N.W.

KIHACHI OKAMOTO, 1923-2005

Kihachi Okamoto died yesterday at his home in Kawasaki, Japan, after battling esophagus cancer. He was 81. Okamoto survived WWII, after being drafted in 1943 at a time when many university graduates were being sacrificed in the South Pacific. He spent much of his career making anti-war and gangster films for Toho. The Criterion Collection (USA) release Okamoto's 1966 classic The Sword of Doom on DVD in a few weeks.
- N.W.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial