Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I hate American Idle  (Read 1991 times)

Description:

Offline McNorris

• Show all replies
Re: National Shame
« on: February 25, 2005, 01:18:45 AM »
My "reality" is nothing like these stupid, two-faced, back biting, cry baby, glam, BS shows!!!

American Idol is good for producing those clips where YOU actually feel embarassed for the people trying out. You know the ones. I think they come on TV once and then circulate on the internet for eternity.

I mean, does anybody really care who wins this cheesy crap? Does anyone buy anything from the winner once they win? I seen the judges on the show reference winners, but that a bit like a wank isn't it?

I guess some people care or it wouldn't be on right?

Oh, well... to hell with it.

As far as the other ones. I did see the little millionaire once. Damned stupid, but so campy I watched it. It was like Jerry Springer, you see it once you really don't care if you see it again. I mean skits of comedy shows like MAD TV have more lasting appeal.

I know people are buying, but why has everyone lowered their standards? Personally, I think it because creativty is running dry. Check it out, everything is a campy rehash-retro deal from the seventies or a reality show. Even rap music is camp retro-crap. I mean that one guy turned Crystal Gales "Angel of the Morning" into some sort of super accent rap ballad.

(sorry to any Crystal Gayle fans, but I think that song sucked in it's original context).

I know it's been said there is nothing new under the sun, but jeez we could at least wait till nobody remembers???

Star Search sucked and American Idol sucks too.

(at least Star Search had Ed McMayon, who in turn hung out with Johnny Carson)

---RANT OVER---
Where to get the news that matters...
http://www.theonion.com...