Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
All,

Just been having conversations with Jens over at Individual Computers.

The message I have been given, is that all U.K resellers have been contacted in regards to supplying and reselling Icomp products.

I believe Amigakit also have the option to resell Icomp products here in the U.K. They were beforeā€¦.

Individual Computers also still have their shop open. So if you are elsewhere in the world or you need to do a price comparison. That choice is there.

Happy shopping 👍🏻

Amiga Marketplace / Heretic II for AmigaOS 4.1 and iComp Products UK Stock
« Last post by RetroPassion on April 19, 2024, 02:18:25 PM »
Heretic II is our first step into AmigaOS 4.1 and was surprised by the demand for this game and sold out within a week. But we have more now in stock in the UK :-) Brand new in a retail box perfect for any collector or someone that wants to play the game.

https://www.retropassion.co.uk/product/heretic-ii-amiga-game-for-amigaos-4/

We also expanded our Individual Computer products offering and cover most of the Amiga offering including flickerfixer AGA MK3 for the A1200/A4000T and the awesome ACA500Plus, want a speed boost, well we also have the AC1221LC for the A1200 and ACA500Plus.

All available on a new front page - https://www.retropassion.co.uk/

Thanks!

RP
Amiga.org Discussion and Site Feedback / Re: Amiga.org Captcha drama
« Last post by F0LLETT on April 19, 2024, 01:27:06 PM »
I get the captcha with every PM.

I was trying to answer a PM this morning. Another unreadable captcha (see attached .gif)

Maybe amiga.org is responsive enough to be read using Aweb on a Commodore 1084S  :P

I actually replied to the man via Amibay. No need to opt for pronouncing captchas as I was blind.

Reduced intensity of Captcha, is that better.

Not sure why your being asked for it when sending PM. There is no option for this.
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: A600 + Furia + 3.9 = Crash
« Last post by Hiddenevil on April 19, 2024, 11:28:31 AM »
A big thank for this little nugget of advice, you've saved me a morning of stress! Go out and buy yourself a sweetie! (I recommend curly whirly or a toffee crisp)  ;D

The A600 is finally booting! Since the last LAG meeting, I've been trying to get 3.2 installed, then finally gave up as it just would not install properly. I later read that the Furia cards have issues with WB 3.2 and I might need to firmware update the card ugh I'm not going to say just how many days I wasted trying to get it working (too many).

I decided to go back to an OS I used to use regularly on my A3000, 3.9. While I do have a squirrel scsi, I'll be buggered if I know where it's gone, probably scurried off collecting nuts or old AF cover disks lol So I thought, why not use WinUAE? I learned the hard way not to setup a hard drive using an emulator, after I spent an evening setting up a CF card, installing 3.1, only to insert it in the Amiga and it report that it couldn't find "HDUAE.device". So last weekend, I set the drive up on a REAL Amiga and then did all the software install, tweaking etc in WinUAE. I thought I was being pretty slick, as it was all going off without a single issue. Until this morning when I installed the CF back in the A600 and it essentially gave me the two fingers  ;D

Again thank you! I'm planning on writing about this on the club website, certainly going to make a mention about Furia cards and rom patches.
« Last post by Hiddenevil on April 19, 2024, 11:10:58 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll give the above a try.

I now have another issue, during one boot cycle the 600 crashed while accessing the drive. So now it's as slow as running through treacle on roller skates, as I'm guessing it invalidated the drive? I've forgotten the term, but it used to happen to my A1200 whenever I ctrl+A+A during boot. I'm leaving it to try booting from the Emergancy 3.9 disk, it's just taking forever. Not sure if hooking in to the PC and WinUAE will sort it any quicker.
« Last post by Thomas on April 19, 2024, 11:02:57 AM »
I'm think perhaps the rom patch?

Yes, probably the Furia RAM disappears during a reset and thus the patch does not stay in memory and is reinstalled on every reboot.

But I'm not sure how to disabled it.

Just rename the file Devs:AmigaOS ROM Update.

Amiga.org Discussion and Site Feedback / Re: Amiga.org Captcha drama
« Last post by aerno on April 19, 2024, 10:48:08 AM »
I get the captcha with every PM.

I was trying to answer a PM this morning. Another unreadable captcha (see attached .gif)

Maybe amiga.org is responsive enough to be read using Aweb on a Commodore 1084S  :P

I actually replied to the man via Amibay. No need to opt for pronouncing captchas as I was blind.
« Last post by F0LLETT on April 19, 2024, 10:40:53 AM »
Hi everyone

First some details
Sandisk 4GB Compact Flash, prepped using WB 3.1 HDtoolbox, FFS.

I removed the prepped CF and inserted it in to my PC, using WinUAE to install 3.9. I don't have access to an optical drive right now for the 600. All went great, the OS booted great. Finished by installed Boing pack 2. Now back to the 600, it refuses to boot. It seems to be running through the startup, hitting a command and crashing, then trying to reboot again. No errors on screen, the monitor consistently displays a black screen. I'm think perhaps the rom patch? But I'm not sure how to disabled it.

Boot with no startup-sequence and then type SET ECHO ON, then type execute s:startup-sequence. It will show every startup-sequence is doing.
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: PiSTORM in general
« Last post by F0LLETT on April 19, 2024, 10:37:08 AM »
@F0LLETT I get the impression that many PiStorm users get their info direct from other sources like the PiStorm Facebook Group, Discord, Patreon etc where Claude and Michael are really active. Granted that doesn't cover everyone so it just needs a few people to think about sharing the news they see more widely, like you have.

I generally get my information from Michaels Patreon page. Some on discord.
However, Im sorry. I cant stand facebook and discord. They are so messy, dissorganised and hard to search.
Discord is a Chat server, so why is it trying to be a forum of sorts. Thats what websites are for.
General chat about Amiga topics / A600 + Furia + 3.9 = Crash
« Last post by Hiddenevil on April 19, 2024, 10:36:41 AM »
Hi everyone

First some details
Sandisk 4GB Compact Flash, prepped using WB 3.1 HDtoolbox, FFS.

I removed the prepped CF and inserted it in to my PC, using WinUAE to install 3.9. I don't have access to an optical drive right now for the 600. All went great, the OS booted great. Finished by installed Boing pack 2. Now back to the 600, it refuses to boot. It seems to be running through the startup, hitting a command and crashing, then trying to reboot again. No errors on screen, the monitor consistently displays a black screen. I'm think perhaps the rom patch? But I'm not sure how to disabled it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10