Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I think Chucky or whoever wrote DiagROM deserves it more. :beer
Amiga Events / Commodore Los Angeles Super Show 2022 - June 25-26
« Last post by RobertB on January 25, 2022, 11:31:54 PM »
The Commodore Los Angeles Super Show 2022 is on!  I have spoken with the reservations person at the Burbank VFW, and we have the last weekend of the month – June 25-26 with set-up on June 24 (if there is no other activity taking the hall on that Friday).

This time CLASS is devoted to music and to the 40th anniversary of the Commodore 64!  So far, this is the tentative list of presentations –

Commodore 64 music lab – Jerold Kress
          Amiga music – Marc Rifkin
          C64 Giga-CAD objects converted to Blender – Roger Van Pelt

The above list will grow.  If you have any more ideas on music presentations or other Commodore 8-bit/Amiga presentations, feel free to add to the list.

The CLASS website at http://www.portcommodore.com/class has been updated.  Watch for changes coming to it, and you can find CLASS discussion at

https://www.commodore.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

and on Facebook at the Commodore Los Angeles Super Show – CLASS page.

Commodore Los Angeles Super Show 2022
VFW USS Gudgeon Ship 8310
1006 W. Magnolia Ave.
Burbank, CA  91506
Saturday, June 25, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (or longer)
Sunday, June 26, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Summertime CLASS,
            Robert Bernardo - organizer
Amiga Marketplace / Re: For sale : complete adapter 040/060 kit
« Last post by dolek on January 25, 2022, 10:42:38 AM »
Is this still available?
Amiga Marketplace / Re: For sale : Builded 040/060 adapter
« Last post by dolek on January 25, 2022, 10:41:32 AM »
Is this still available?
Ahh... I never considered PiStorm and ability to choose Rom Image (Diagrom). 

Great point!  Therefore I just need to get the Diagrom binary image which is free, so no need to get a ROM for my kickstart switcher.  If the PiStorm is (basic) functional, it will work.

You just saved me sone money.  Thanks Pat.  I owe you a beer!

Pat,

Maybe you can answer this question.

When I plug in the PiStorm 2k, what is the best  Boot From Floppy (Game) or (Diagnostic Software) to run on the Amiga 2000 to test things to prove the Amiga is running true native hardware (no emulation).

Diagrom V1.21 Chip in my Kickstart Switcher?  Don't have one but they are cheap.

I figure another good HW/SW test would be to see if (Bridgeboard works), that would certainly be streching compatibility limites.
Maybe another would be to test my (Auto Boot enabled "GVP SCSI+8MB).

I honestly don't know for sure.

I THINK that once you've plugged it in, you are essentially in emulation land anyway.

Even if you've set it to emulate a 68000 running at 7 MHz. Which I don't think it does perfectlyl but I have no input to offer.

Pistorm lets you choose a ROM image, I don't think you need an actual DiagROM chip as such.
CH / General / Re: Whyzzat down
« Last post by Wilse on January 24, 2022, 08:44:02 AM »
All back up and running again now.  :)
Well I was searching the Wrong way on Youtube for PiStorm.   Just tried "*pistorm*", and a ton more video came up.

Looks like AutoConfig and Zorro bus card now work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVqUihLZa3s
Amiga Software News / Iconic 1.0 released and special offer
« Last post by softwarefailure on January 23, 2022, 01:41:44 PM »

Code business is back. In 2022 Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, celebrate the 20th anniversary of Hollywood, the cross-platform multimedia application layer. To kick off the celebrations we are proud to present a brand-new plugin for Hollywood: Iconic. Iconic is the ultimate icon loader and saver plugin for Hollywood. It will make all your icon dreams come true because it can load and save icons in pretty much all of the most common icon formats. The following formats are currently supported:

- AmigaOS 1.x style icons
- AmigaOS 2.x/3.x style icons
- AmigaOS 3.5/3.9 icons (aka GlowIcons)
- AmigaOS 4.x icons
- macOS icons (*.icns format)
- MagicWB icons
- MorphOS/PowerIcons icons (PNG)
- NewIcons
- Windows icons (*.ico format)

Of course, Iconic also supports loading and saving of the metadata found in the Amiga icon formats like tooltypes, icon position, drawer view mode, icon type and so on. Thanks to Hollywood 9's new support for palette images it is also possible to load the icon palette, set a transparent pen and access the raw palette pens used in the icon image data. Of course, Iconic doesn't only support palette-based icon images but also icons that contain true colour images with alpha channel. Several of the icon formats listed above also support palette and true colour images within the same icon file and several different icon sizes within the same icon file. All of this is supported by Iconic as well! 

This is why Iconic is the ultimate icon plugin for Hollywood and a must-have for every Hollywood user. The plugin is now available for free download from the official Hollywood portal. Thanks to Hollywood's cross-platform plugin system versions for AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, MorphOS, WarpOS, AROS (x86), Linux (arm, ppc, x86, x64), macOS (ppc, x86, x64), Windows (x86, x64), Android and iOS are provided. Note that Hollywood 9 is strictly required by Iconic.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Hollywood we also offer a special 20 euros discount on the full version of Hollywood for a limited time only. This is the perfect chance for all people who don't own Hollywood yet to grab their own copy and to explore the wonderful world of Hollywood and be fascinated by the gigantic functionality of this unique piece of software and all of the plugins that come with it! To order your own copy, just click here.

This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business.
Pat,

Maybe you can answer this question.

When I plug in the PiStorm 2k, what is the best  Boot From Floppy (Game) or (Diagnostic Software) to run on the Amiga 2000 to test things to prove the Amiga is running true native hardware (no emulation).

Diagrom V1.21 Chip in my Kickstart Switcher?  Don't have one but they are cheap.

I figure another good HW/SW test would be to see if (Bridgeboard works), that would certainly be streching compatibility limites.
Maybe another would be to test my (Auto Boot enabled "GVP SCSI+8MB).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10