Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Os 3.1.4 Thread  (Read 272518 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Available now: AmigaOS 3.1.4
« on: October 01, 2018, 09:58:34 AM »

After some delay you'll be able to buy a bundle containing a physical ROM and a set of disks from dealers. This will always include the digital download.

Excellent, looking forward to upgrading the A3K.  Any ETA on when the physical ROMs will be available?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

The following users thanked this post: klx300r

Offline nicholas

Re: The Os 3.1.4 Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 10:16:40 AM »
I bought this for Minimig, but I cannot legally use it.

This license allows you to install or operate the AmigaOS only on a computer system that had a version of AmigaOS installed on it at the time you acquired such computer system, which was especially prepared for running AmigaOS through the use of a dedicated (flash)rom or similar mechanism or for which a legitimate version of AmigaOS was or is available.

Were you informed of this at Point of Sale?

If not then you are entitled to a full refund. In England at least. Dunno about in Viking country.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 03:00:19 PM »
Anyone know why the Hyperion page still charges VAT for those that live outside the EU?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 02:46:13 PM »
Anyone know why the Hyperion page still charges VAT for those that live outside the EU?

Source

Only Hyperion's "fullfillment partner" will respond to that apparently.

Not exactly an explanation, but I recently learned how complicated the VAT issue has become for services rendered and goods delivered both within the European Union and from the European Union to non-member states. In my opinion it is quite likely for a payment processor such Avangate to slip up here.

Within the European Union the VAT added on top of the net price used to be the rate current in the country from which it was sold. For example, with the seller in Germany the standard rate of 19% VAT rate would be applied to a customer in Denmark. This was changed recently, and now the VAT rate of the customer has to be applied to the net price, e.g. for a seller in Germany and the customer in Denmark, the standard rate of 25% would have to be applied. Sounds sufficiently complicated, and it certainly is (and gets more so because you have to keep track of the specific payments made and the taxes you charged on top of the net price). It gets more complicated still because of exceptions the individual countries apply to taxation. Luckily, these tend not to affect services and goods rendered through payments made through online service because this has been standardized.

It gets really tricky when you sell from the European Union to a non-member state such as Switzerland or Norway. Services and goods may be taxed differently or not at all, for example. So the buyer may have to pay import taxes on floppy disks and EPROMs, but not on the digital download which contains the same information as the floppy disks and EPROMs (or it might be a reduced tax rate).

There's plenty of opportunity for things to go wrong.

The payment portal thinks it's clever and uses geolocation on your IP. I disabled my VPN and it didn't charge me VAT.

It's been an hour though and I still haven't received a confirmation email let alone the actual OS files.

Patience isn't my strong point though lol

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 03:05:34 PM »
Is it possible to make a Super Kickstart Disk with the A3000 ROM images using your tool Olsen?

http://aminet.net/package/util/misc/MakeSuperDisk

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »
It's still a shame that if you wanna get an ---electronic--- copy (download), you still need to fill in a billing address. That's holding me back from buying....   ::)
And you can't remove any product from the shopping cart (if selected wrong).

I didn't have to provide my billing address. Just name, email address and country of residence.