Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Girls games preference...  (Read 5934 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Girls games preference...
« on: November 05, 2010, 02:32:44 PM »
Much like guys, different woman like different games... why would anyone think it'd be different ?  I have a few woman friends who are huuuge WoW fans, others who like fps games, while some others like more simple, casual games.

Slightly off topic, but:
@tone007

While the actual games themselves where pretty generic for thier genre, the GOW games I found very technically impressive on the PS2. No.3 was reasonably impressive too, but being that its on one of the current gen consoles it didnt impress in the same way.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 04:34:14 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;589620
Nancy: Total Chaos, Temple of the Enlightened Souls, Wrath of the Demon, Carthage, The Wall, Dpaint, Ocean Beach Volleyball, All Tennis games.

Teresa: Total Chaos, Baby Jo, Prehistorik, Rodland, Pick n Pile

Ann & her kids: Total Chaos

Foxy from Russia with Love: Total Chaos (Likes cute critters)

April: Total Chaos (She loves to kill things, especially monsters)

Jenny: Total Chaos.  We had a Total Chaos party with a 5-player game and she won! :destroy:

Megan: Total Chaos.  I was the first person killed at the party.  She was second.  Poor little Megan :)

Ok, ok, we get it. You made Total Chaos, are proud of it, and like to show anyone who'll listen  :P
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »
The comment was tongue in cheek based around the fact that Chaoslord will use, or create the slightest hint of a seguay to mention Total Chaos. I mean really,... who believes his list is more than the people in it humoring him for the work he's obviously proud of ? Id expect that a few of the people he listed wouldn't know what an Amiga was had it not been for him showing people what he's done and encouraging them to play it with him.

No harm in being proud of your work, or promoting it, but after years its gets a bit comical how tenuous a link will be used to mention it.....

RPG? You should try Total Chaos. it has monsters and spells and whatnot....
Stratergy,... you should try out Total Chaos....
Pointy pointy knives,.... check out Total Chaos....
banana? you should try Total Chaos,.... there's yellow in it.....

Y'all need to lighten up if you dont find it at least slightly amusing by now. Heck, had I made it I'd probably chuckle at someone responding in the way I did too... you know, the whole it's funny 'cos its true thing....

And surely me commenting that Ive been noticing this for 5 or so years is a form of acknowledgement anyway ?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:02:22 PM by fishy_fiz »

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »
Hahaha,.... that's so far off the mark I dont know where to start with how wrong it is.

Yes, Im so sexist that I spend a good chunk of my free time discussing the creative side of Amiga with a good friend, who happens to be one of this sites best known females. We've spent hours upon hours talking about, and doing creative stuff for the Amiga for the past few years since we met..... yes obviously Im sexist and dont believe woman can enjoy thier amigas. The fact that me and Cammy colaborate on Amiga stuff proves that......

Seriously guy, how the smeg did you come to this highly amusing conclusion ?

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 09:43:02 PM »
Both Jane and Debra.
Vague, and who are they ?  Exactly.

Anyway, I suspect you'll miss the point as you have anything Ive said already, so I'll re-itterate the fact that my comments were tongue in cheek.

I dont want to belittle your work, if youre enjoying it then good luck to you.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 10:44:48 AM »
Quote from: Boudicca;589833
Where are the Girls !

The problem is....this oh so accurate guesstimate is based on "my *InsertFemaleTitle*" and is just so funny!

Some of you should write it thus....

"My female likes.............." covers all basics.......I guess the after hours hair dragging to bed occurs in the same manner.

Lets be honest the topic the thread and the attempt at being PC was so wrong to begin with.....you all just tripped over yourselves, on the way to generalisation.

;) Have you pressed the "Try Harder" button ?

Umm,.... my response was:

"Much like guys, different woman like different games... why would anyone think it'd be different ? I have a few woman friends who are huuuge WoW fans, others who like fps games, while some others like more simple, casual games."

This is a generalisation how exactly ?

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 12:00:22 PM »
Quote from: ElPolloDiabl;589856
I guess it's still the early days of computers, but I know that games programming is an all male affair. If they start liking more games perhaps they will start programming them too.

Actually I was doing a 3 year course at uni that was games development centric and it's definately not an all male affair. Granted guys outnumbered woman probably 4:1, but there's definately woman involved.  Heavenly Sword development for example was headed buy a woman (who's name I currently forget), as is it's sequel/offshoot which is in production right now.