Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Documentary  (Read 5842 times)

Description:

Offline VivaAmigaTopic starter

• Show only replies by VivaAmiga
Re: Amiga Documentary
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 21, 2010, 02:33:58 AM »
@orb

Got a few different options on the table, it all just depends on how attractive to a general audience the film winds up being. According to the script it sure is, but we will see. Of course it will interest tech junkies and gamers...the fact that Wired even posted about OS 4.1 was pretty impressive to me, so I don't think we'll have too much trouble getting a sizeable audience of some kind. I have some connections with the G4 network.

so

1. We might sell it to a cable network, like "Chasing Ghosts" was bought by Showtime
2. We might try some kind of online distributor like E-Z Takes who lets you download a burnable DVD. Or a streaming indie movie site.
3. We might just sell it ourselves at a reasonable price along with merchandise. There will be some pretty cool t-shirts available. It will be worth owning.

Theatrical distrubution is unlikely, though one of my partners seems to think I'm underestimating the film's appeal. It is after all, a compelling story and will be very attractively made, given all my resources and partners who are established pros in television and graphics.

A big part of me just wants to keep with the DIY Amiga spirit and self-distribute. That would be most satisfying. Just gotta see what we wind up with. My expectations are pretty high!

-Z

Offline Akiko

• Show only replies by Akiko
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 12:43:23 PM »
A new teaser of this documentary is up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhLy8WOL73s

Offline orb85750

• Show only replies by orb85750
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 01:01:07 AM »
Seems to me that it might be appropriate for certain independent film festivals as well.  Looking forward to it.

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 05:02:28 PM »
Quote from: VivaAmiga;571264
Theatrical distrubution is unlikely, though one of my partners seems to think I'm underestimating the film's appeal.

Not my "biz," so this is just my opinion, but I agree with the partner..  ;-)

Yes, you will have all the serious techies and Amiganuts, past and present who will be interested...
I think even the ST guys will want to see it so they can grumble.. ;-)

But I think that a percentage of the current Mac and Windows owners would be interested in a "what else was there" kind of thing..

ala Tucker..  (No, I don't mean you should get Jeff Bridges and go big budget...  although.. hmmm..  :roflmao:)
I mean, people like to know that something else was out there that was better and didn't make it..  And they want to know why...

Of course, Tucker had the "Big guys kill the little guy story" that was nice, but the "Corporate greed killed the Amiga" might strike a cord today.. :)

Just thinking..

and if you have Jeff's number handy..  ;-)

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 07:17:17 PM »
Anything in it about AROS or Morphos?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 08:17:22 PM »
The trailer was pretty cool :)

Couldn't help noticing a few Mac fans in youtube comments complaining that "well, technically MacOS was before AmigaOS", despite the fact it clearly said "Before OS X"...

Anyhoo, it'll be nice to see the finished product.
int p; // A