Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?  (Read 52077 times)

Description:

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: Ease off bashing Amiga x1000?
« on: July 25, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »
Quote from: gertsy;742142
Sorry I don't get your last point.  I'm thinking the sentence is self contradictory.

As to the Duce.  Gotta love the Duce. Refreshing.
The point there is there's a cheaper option but you want the new option on your terms.  This is a well known psychological trait of us humans called product envy.  We don't need a Ferrari but we want one because someone else has one.  That's not fair, I can't afford it. It has to be someone elses fault. So then it has to be that it's either the owner of the Ferrari did something wrong, or Ferrari themselves.

I think you missed the point. Majority of motorists dont even consider buying Ferrari because
 a) it is expensive
 b) as a car it is not very practical
 c) you cant buy Ferrari anywhere
 d) there is no Ferrari Compact, Ferrari Van, Ferrari Pickup nor Ferrari Off-road

Instead they go to buy Fiat Grande Punto instead with kid seats and go to Italian Walmart to buy a discount pizza. And it makes sense. You cant pack your family to Ferrari, can you?
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:13 AM »
Quote from: spirantho;742150
Even in the Commodore days, Amigas were considerably higher than that price for the low-end models. The only reason MorphOS is so cheap is because they're all mass-produced but obsolete second-hand models (and I mean that literally, not in a derogative sense).
Comparing Apples and Bananas again here.

But indeed Amiga 500 sold the best and is the most memorable Amiga.

Offline itix

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:04 AM »
Quote from: vox;742146

That motto was true just for lower end Amigas like A500,A600 and A1200 but they were always crippled for pro use unless heavily expanded, and prices of expansion and high end models were for the classes.

Actually Amiga 500 had better expansion options than Amiga 1000 that flopped due to its instability issues and high price. Expansion boards for Amiga 2000 were not that common and in practice it was on par with Amiga 500.

After all Amiga 500 received wide range of expansion options and they were relatively affordable.

Offline itix

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;742161
...Expansion boards for Amiga 2000 were not that common and in practice it was on par with Amiga 500....
Wha?

Yep. Harddisks, memory expansions, accelerator boards, cd roms, expansion cartridges... and they were quite affordable.

Offline itix

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 08:48:45 PM »
Quote from: Fats;742502
For me the problem with MorphOS was with BBRV long before Hyperion had anything to do with OS development.

I think Hyperion were in the OS business before BBRV.

Not that it matters much. They both lost.