Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trouble with floppy drive  (Read 1582 times)

Description:

Offline part12studiosTopic starter

• Show all replies
Trouble with floppy drive
« on: December 06, 2021, 12:47:41 AM »
I'm having some issues with a couple of A2000 floppy drives.  this video is for the first one.  the other has a slightly different behavior but this one seems like it might have a behavior that's easier to identify and find a fix.  I'm hoping this is something I can fix.

I have opened it and i have cleaned the heads with denatured alcohol..  lubed the little track thingy.. but now i'm getting into an area that I'm concerned i'll do more harm than good. 

https://youtu.be/s52He_2eLNo
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 01:12:52 AM by part12studios »

• Show all replies
Re: Trouble with floppy drive
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 01:11:27 AM »
doh corrected!

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 03:00:44 AM »
darn that's way out of my pay grade.. heh..  well hopefully i can find someone who is knowledgeable on repairing them for other people.  Definitely willing to pay someone for their time.  I have a gotek but I really want to have the ability to access old floppies if/when they turn up.. 

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 08:47:15 PM »
I'm near Boston, USA.  Where are you based out of? 

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 06:58:35 PM »
Hi everyone, so thank you for the info about amiga repair services and regional options.  I connected with Rod down in Florida who's offered to help me bring these two babies back.  He's got experience both with capacitor replacement for vintage stuff but has fixed amiga floppies as well so I trust him also being a regular contributor to the Amiga Community on facebook.

I'm still going to go through this directory though and encourage anyone I see missing and make sure they get in there as I know several folks through that group that repair amigas.