Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 4 Player adapter Hired Guns  (Read 1557 times)

Description:

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
Re: 4 Player adapter Hired Guns
« on: March 11, 2004, 06:14:50 PM »
I *think* there are two different versions of the four player adaptor, one that came (IIRC) with Gauntlet 2 and one that works with pretty much every other game.

I once had a version of Gauntlet 2 in which player 3 could only move, not shoot (my current (WHDLoad) version works fine though). Another game that didn't recognise the fire button of player 3 was "Wiraz" (a very poor polish racing game). The (homemade) adaptor works with *all* other games I have.

Here's a list of all games supporting the adaptor

Do you know to which game your adaptor belongs? Maybe you got the version that only works with Gauntlet 2 and Wiraz (or was it *V*iraz?).

Or your adaptor is broken. Try to open it (if possible) and have a look. It should be easy to spot if a cable got off a pin.

Do you know if it is ok to plug and unplug joysticks to it (4-Player adaptor) while the computer is on?

It may damage your computer, though it's not *that* likely.

[/quote]
also it does not seem to support Sega pads with 2 buttons or CD32 joypads?
[/quote]
It only supports one joystick button. It should work fine with CD32 pads (never had one, but one button on the CD32 pad must be electrically identical toa standard fire button).

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
Re: 4 Player adapter Hired Guns
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 07:47:16 PM »

leirbag28 wrote:

Thanks! I knew I had heard something about this before, about there being 2 different versions or something.

Well I just tested the adaptor on yet another computer and it definitely is the adaptor that does not work.  So maybe this is the Gauntlet2 version?

Maybe. Would be cool if you could test this, because I'd like to integrate that information on my homepage.

Please write me an e-mail if you're willing to help, tia.

This one cannot be opened. It is a one piece black rubber type thingy. I guess I will have to buy another or make one (gulp!)

Seems so. Even if it is not broken, it's not very useful... :-(

By the way..........I think Hired Guns supports the Sega 2 button or 3 button pads because it gives you an option in the game to select joypads................hmmmm oh wait...........nevermind.........thats only for the Amiga's 2 joystick ports...........

Yep. The way the adaptor is built, it can't support more than one button.

it wont allow you that option for the 4-Player adaptor. But I have heard of hacks online that let you use them.

four player hacks? I doubt that.