Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!  (Read 4610 times)

Description:

Offline levelLORD

• Show all replies
Re: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!
« on: March 28, 2003, 12:29:38 AM »
@ Hammer

Hi,

Last good RTS game that I was playing was Dune II on Amiga. ;) Two days ago I purchased CC: Generals and nothing, I finished game after 10 hours of playing, 3 campaigns, 7 missions each... That is not a good game, at least for me. ;) It's a particle effects show time and nothing else. Like I said, only good RTS is Dune II, and it was ways better on Amiga than PC version. Also, there is only a few good strategy games for windows platform and that is Total Annihilation, Civ2 and Dungeon Keeper, no more, no less. Too bad that now a days trend is D3D (or OpenGL) strategy games, which is very uncomfortable way to see things across the screen and camera movement is usualy useless. And something about 1600x1200 in OpenGL. There is no difference about gameplay if you are able to play games in 1024x768, 1600x1200, or 800x600. That doesn't makes you a better player, right? :))) I'm able to play lets say Q3 in 1600 but I'm not, I want to have all that FPS and make some more frags, that only counts, so I'm usually playing at 1024. And to just say something at the end... Right now, I'm playing UFO: Enemy Unknown (again) and there is no fun in new windows platorm games like in old ones on Amiga. That's only matters, no awesome gfx, no cool 3d hw sound, only gameplay, at least for me.

Regards

levelLORD

Offline levelLORD

• Show all replies
Re: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 01:34:42 AM »
Starcraft was fine, much more fun in multiplayer then in campaigns, but WC3 was a real disappoint, except beautiful movies, but sloppy camera... Characters are fat, horses even more :))) I finished the game, but at the end I wanted to be over as soon as possible. The same feeling with the CC Generals. Even more, like you said, story is weak, and when I finished the first part of campaign, with Chinese, I didn't know that it is the last Chinese campaign. Really weird. Too bad that I spent my two days off playing it... :((( I purchased it because of a good score in PC gamer and because there is nothing better coming out soon.

OK, later Hammer

levelLORD