Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Forum Restructuring  (Read 18114 times)

Description:

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.som99.se
Re: Amiga.org Forum Restructuring
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:31:26 AM »
Larger file upload is something I miss, in the past I used image hosting services but today it's just easier to put the pictures on my own webserver and IMG tag em here.
But I know some people prefer attached images instead of huge ones in a thread so if bigger ones where allowed I would upload like that also.

Oh and something this forum really need is a option to set a thread to "project" when creating a new thread.
To explain what I mean, when I do something bigger on my Amigas I take pictures explain and post here and make a thread about it but as the project moves on I edit and add new pictures to my initial post but after x amount of time you can not edit your first post anymore and thus making a "Amiga 1200 project" thread hard to maintain since you gotta post new replies with pictures and then the images will be inside the thread and easy to miss for people who do not read the entire thread.

This is a feature I would want, set a new thread to "editable project".

Then I would post more of my projects here since it's easier to maintain. As I did in the past I posted quite a lot of pictures.

The biggest problem not having this feature is that when the image hosting place or i rebuild my file/web server struvture the images in my threads goes bye bye.
This happened in my quite detailed A1200 project thread, I wish I could edit it and put the pictures back.

So if this feature is added I would start making threads again with my projects.

Oh and ditch the electric cars sub forum ^^