Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The end of the Amiga curse?  (Read 7795 times)

Description:

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
The end of the Amiga curse?
« on: November 22, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
Good morning ladies and gents,

I have no idea what I'm doing conscious on a bright and blustery Sunday morning, but here we are..

Since 1994, I've dedicated large portions of my life to building, then operating Amiga.org for the community.   Some might even argue that I've been around about as long as the legendary Amiga curse.

As most of you may know, I reached an agreement with a new owner in August which would allow me to "retire" gracefully while leaving behind what I consider to be a great legacy for the community.

This is just a quick note, though not the last, to let everyone know that as of yesterday, that agreement was finalized and the site now enjoys a new, fresh perspective by way of a new owner.

Who are they? Tsk. Tsk.  It's still not my place to say, but I'm sure they will step forward on their own shortly.

So what changes?  Not much if anything at all that I know of.  The new owners have assured me that they have no intention of screwing with success, aside from maybe an upgrade to vBulletin 4.0 which should better integrate things like the forums, blogs, and social groups to make them more usable.  Over the last few months, I've made several recommendations for both staff, and improvements they could make, but I don't want to speak for what they may, or may not do in the future.

Where does Wayne go?  In the short to mid-term, nowhere.  I'm still committed to this Web site's and it's future.  I'm just getting out of the driver's seat, going to the back of the bus, and enjoying a well-deserved nap.

So what does it all mean?  You're asking me?  Wow.. Ok..  If I were to guess, since I'm -- according to some -- not only the Anti-Christ, but the sole source of the Amiga curse, I'm hoping that with me "out of the way", the Amiga will suddenly blossom and become this huge thing that everything has always thought it should have been.

So what are you babbling about Wayne?  I have no idea... This isn't my official farewell note or anything.  I just wanted you guys to know exactly what's going on and give you the opportunity to ask questions if need be.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 03:42:52 PM by Wayne »
//* Signature Free *//

• Winning!
    • Show all replies
Re: The end of the Amiga curse?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 03:44:28 PM »
Quote from: Tension;530762
Aaah, so it is more than one person...
Please don't get all pedantic and read stuff into it.  I won't confirm nor deny.  It's still not my place to do so.

As I said, it's early, it's Sunday, it's before the crack of noon, and I haven't had my coffee... :)
//* Signature Free *//

• Winning!
    • Show all replies
Re: The end of the Amiga curse?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 04:06:03 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;530862
Glad you will still be around here Wayne!  Has the weather gotten too cold where you are to do any more motorcycle riding?  Living at 7,000ft above sea level does have it's drawbacks, but on a clear day I can still sneak down to the desert, or Palm Springs for a short ride, as long as I get back home before the Sun starts going down.

I hope the new owner(s) announce themselves here soon, the suspense is ........, well it's suspenseful.  :lol:
Sadly, being unemployed, I had to sacrifice both my beloved motorcycle as well as my much-loved Dodge pickup truck to new owners.  :(

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//