Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ok guys, get your auction paddles ready... (New Auction House)  (Read 7994 times)

Description:

Offline Tajmaster

• Show only replies by Tajmaster
Re: Ok guys, get your auction paddles ready... (New Auction House)
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 28, 2009, 12:53:22 AM »
Hi All :)

Im a long (long!) time lurker but decided to create and account so heres my first post!

I noticed on the classified ads currently on that there isnt and "item location" bit. Am I missing something or isnt this field available? If not, I think that'd be good :)

(wow that was painless! ;)

Tajmaster
==================
Amiga 4000/040 25Mhz - 18MB Ram-HDD-CDRW- Picasso 2 2MB GFX OS3.9
Amiga 2000/030 25Mhz - 10MB Ram - GVP HC+8 with HDD and CDROM OS3.1 and a DKB MEGAChip
Amiga 1200/030 50Mhz - 18MB Ram - CF>IDE OS3.1 Squirrel SCSI
A500+ 000/7Mhz - 4MB Ram GVP HD+ SCSI w/40MB HDD (WOW!!)
Plus a "few" more ;) hehe
==================

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 03:17:36 AM »
@taj

Please note that this isn't e-bay.  You don't have the ability to comment or question sellers via the vbay system either.  You do however have their name if you want to click on it and ask them any particular questions.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline slayer

• Show only replies by slayer
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 05:02:25 AM »
Referring to that post about expanding it to include anything else 'via your Garage considerations' Wayne, perhaps you can just have a mirror site of sorts? A completely different auction tree for anything not Amiga... this way when I want to search for Amiga stuff I don't need to worry about Amiga Keywords or worry if someone has omitted these words from there auction altogether...

Also, have you run the necessary maths and/or consequences of the potential extra load on your servers if this was to Erupt over night? ;-)
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in \'Lord of the Rings\'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2009, 05:10:32 AM »
Quote from: slayer;513673
Referring to that post about expanding it to include anything else 'via your Garage considerations' Wayne, perhaps you can just have a mirror site of sorts? A completely different auction tree for anything not Amiga... this way when I want to search for Amiga stuff I don't need to worry about Amiga Keywords or worry if someone has omitted these words from there auction altogether...

Also, have you run the necessary maths and/or consequences of the potential extra load on your servers if this was to Erupt over night? ;-)

We have no problems with the eruption of anything on the servers at the moment.  Unfortunately, since "putting up a mirror site" would entail spending $300 or more for software (vB, etc), I can't see it really taking off.  Especially since the software we're using for it isn't something I wrote and can't really expand a great deal.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//