Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gold 2.7 release for the Vampire accelerators  (Read 46943 times)

Description:

Offline TrashyMG

• Show all replies
Re: Gold 2.7 release for the Vampire accelerators
« on: March 17, 2018, 01:21:56 PM »
Quote from: midway;837411
You know nothing, Jon Snow....

Did someome try Lightwave with the updated core?

Yeah it works fine,

Away from home so can't make my own video yet.

But here are some youtube links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSrnbSjsSnE
https://youtu.be/pyyCnH8Uy7c?t=203

Offline TrashyMG

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 01:34:25 PM »
Quote from: kolla;837699
In this case, Apollo Team seems reluctant to support people who use "plain" AmigaOS instead of ApolloOS, and have an official support forum for "Coffin" software - http://www.apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b=9

One can speculated that they gamble on facing legal consequences, would fit perfectly if they can bail out the entire "hobby project" and blame it on "copyright nazis".

Stop inventing controversy, Gunnar didn't even know what ApolloOS was when it first came to be. Quite a bit of people are running classicWB or regular WB3.1 setups they've brought up themselves. Apollo/Coffin came to be because there were a few members on IRC that shared their already build CF images to help out people that didn't want to or had the ability to put together their own OS image. It didn't come directly from the Apollo Team.

Personally I'd like to see a legal route to a vampire friendly OS personally, something stripped down to only the essentials with Apollo core specific drivers installed already. But as we all know this is a legal quagmire.

Offline TrashyMG

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 02:47:34 PM »
Quote from: kolla;837709
That is not automatic, people also die without having heirs, and copyright still last 70 years.

Stupid law? Sure, but that's what it is.

I make it my business, since you ("the team") have been so super nice with me and others. I am sure you want me to shut up, but as long as the Apollo Team keep up with arrogance and BS, I will not shut up about it.

Must be hard being the victim of an imaginary situation.

Offline TrashyMG

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 07:00:49 PM »
Quote from: kolla;837729
That's hardly relevant. The point here is that "CoffinOS" is an unlicensed assembly of operating system and software, officially endorsed and officially supported (and it turns out, even assembled) by the same people who sell the product it was made for. What media that is used for distribution is not relevant.

Except it's not, it's assembled and distributed by someone that is just a unofficial volunteer tester.