Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Best TV Plays & Programmes Ever...  (Read 2409 times)

Description:

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by Franko
The Best TV Plays & Programmes Ever...
« on: August 28, 2011, 01:24:04 AM »
Used to watch this brilliant play on video all the time till it wore out (need to find a DVD version)

Starring Frankie Miller, Ken Hutchinson, Gregor Fisher and Jean Taylor Hutchinson, it's based in Greenock and Port Glasgow (on the outskirts of Glasgow) in the late 70's gang and knife culture in which I grew up as a kid, it's really quite faithful to the world in which I grew up in and anyone who lived in Glasgow at that time will tell you that's exactly the way life was back then... ;)

Nothing glamorous or cool about the subject, just a true picture of the way life was back then for the typical working class man, nothing more nothing less... :)

First aired in 1979 as a BBC Play for today... excellent... :)

Just A Boys Game Part 1
[youtube]9zAX6QNUA7w[/youtube]

Just A Boys Game Part 2
[youtube]IoNB1zVFR6k[/youtube]

Just A Boys Game Part 3
[youtube]ju71B4QSZdA&playnext=1&list=PLF0EC1997F3DB1589[/youtube]

Just A Boys Game Part 4
[youtube]Zr-6RPTE7CU[/youtube]

Just a Boys Game Part 5
[youtube]b8iUjFAAPnQ[/youtube]

Just A Boys Game Part 6
[youtube]RjcQvFuVJno[/youtube]

Just A Boys Game Part 7
[youtube]ZfmIVsXBCOw[/youtube]

Re: The Best TV Plays & Programmes Ever...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 01:25:26 AM »
This time it's family friendly Scottish humour at it's best in this Bill Forsyth movie about a gang of unemployed Glasgow teenagers who set out to steal a warehouse full of stainless steel sinks in order to make a few bob... :)

Regarded worldwide as something of a cult movie, don't buy the DVD version however as they dubbed the soundtrack with posh accents after the silly yanks complained they couldn't understand it... :rolleyes:

That Sinking Feeling (1980) By Bill Forsyth (with the original Scottish soundtrack)... brilliantly funny and a true classic... :D

(I like this one even more because all the streets and locations where it was filmed are where I used to hang around as a teenager when this was filmed in 1979/80... ahh the momories)... :)

That Sinking Feeling Part 1
[youtube]uSF5DVhEuUg[/youtube]

That Sinking Feeling Part 2
[youtube]zG7jbpHjNPU[/youtube]

That Sinking Feeling Part 3
[youtube]gcel9uihmr8[/youtube]

That Sinking Feeling Part 4
[youtube]lRnh7C690Kk[/youtube]

That Sinking Feeling Part 5
[youtube]PZSR-nKtbHI[/youtube]

That Sinking Feeling Part 6
[youtube]cgGOlnM0QAQ&playnext=1&list=PLB531E069F528EF38[/youtube]

Offline mechy

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:58:07 AM »
ah franko,they played "that sinking feeling" on american tv a few months ago.. its bad,we usually call stuff like this a "B" movie,but i'd have to rate this a "Y" or something not in the alphabet.. lol
i must say i cant believe they put this on film or tv.. its got a laugh or 2,and i usually like crap like this,but man,its bad. haha
I haven't seen the other ,i will have to check it out.

mech

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 02:41:05 AM »
Quote from: mechy;656593
ah franko,they played "that sinking feeling" on american tv a few months ago.. its bad,we usually call stuff like this a "B" movie,but i'd have to rate this a "Y" or something not in the alphabet.. lol
i must say i cant believe they put this on film or tv.. its got a laugh or 2,and i usually like crap like this,but man,its bad. haha
I haven't seen the other ,i will have to check it out.

mech

You've got no taste man... ;)

Trouble is, the version you watched on American TV was dubbed with posh accents that simply took all the humour out of this classic film (I know, I've seen it and couldn't stand the thing)... :madashell:

Try watching this, the original version with the genuine soundtrack and see the difference it makes. It's regarded worldwide as a true classic and cult comedy film with many fan websites dedicated to it, guess if you saw that crap American version first though it would be enough to put you off it for life... ;)

Offline Tension

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 03:59:16 AM »
Sweet Sixteen by Ken Loach is amazing.  You'd like it Franko!

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 04:55:04 AM »
Quote from: Tension;656613
Sweet Sixteen by Ken Loach is amazing.  You'd like it Franko!

Think I saw some of that at a mates how a few years ago, is that the one about the two wee "neds" that start of selling fags in the pubs and end up trying to become dealers... :)

Never got a chance to watch it all but I remember thinking it was a pretty damn good film... :)

Kinda remember every second word was f this and f that, pure Glesga... :)

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 05:20:38 AM »
Just found it on YaTube, It is the one I saw a bit of before, need to gather them all together now and watch the whole thing, thanks for pointing that one out to me... :)

Sweet Sixteen - Part 1
[youtube]2a2jmA2ZNFk[/youtube]