Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Purchased MorphOS 3.1 today. Finally did the deed!  (Read 5159 times)

Description:

Offline Fab

• Show all replies
Re: Purchased MorphOS 3.1 today. Finally did the deed!
« on: October 26, 2012, 09:40:06 AM »
Quote from: matt3k;712616
This is the one area where OSX was better, safari was slower but more capable by a significant amount.

Safari is more capable at what, exactly?

Offline Fab

• Show all replies
Re: Purchased MorphOS 3.1 today. Finally did the deed!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »
Quote from: matt3k;712679
Hi Fab

About 1/4 of the websites I visit lock owb .  Either lock it tight or meditates it.

Matt

Err, it's totally abnormal behaviour. For the record, i have 4 months uptime on my macmini, and i run OWB every day on it (i have to quit it sometimes to get back some memory).

About your issues, i have a couple ideas.

If you installed the Flash plugin, make sure to use the OWB version on my site at: http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/owb-morphos-1.17.lha
The ISO version supplied with MorphOS 3.1 can't work with the Flash plugin, and may explain that you crash everytime you encounter Flash.

If that's not it, then you might heavily suspect your hardware and your memory in particular. OWB is good at stressing memory.

Another possibility could just be that you run out of memory, but then, there's an explicit message telling about it, and you can even quit (most of the time).

And about Safari, i have it installed on an intel imac at work (safari 5 or so, on snow leopard), and it crashes much more often than Odyssey, actually. Most of the time, it suddenly locks up after browsing a couple sites (wheel of death).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:07:14 PM by Fab »