Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS and old demos & games  (Read 2210 times)

Description:

Offline eden188Topic starter

• Show all replies
MorphOS and old demos & games
« on: July 18, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »
Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I want to buy a Powerbook to run MorphOS, but before convincing myself, I wanted to know how compatible (if at all) that MorphOS can run all the Amiga demos (old and new), and it would be a bonus if it can run some of the games as well.

Thanks in advance.

• Show all replies
Re: MorphOS and old demos & games
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:10:14 AM »
Thank you ever so much XDelusion for the informative reply, I wish I can give you kudos for that.

I have lost touch with the Amiga for at least 20 years and only recently decided to go retro again and relive my younger days.

I have actually bought myself a good A1200 off eBay recently, but since then read that I need additional memory/accelerator to run WHDLOAD in order to run the older games/demos. Looking at the cost of these upgrades (between £70 - £125, memory/accelerator), I thought I might spend that money instead on a Mac mini or Powerbook instead and run MorphOS, hoping it will run the old demos/games, but I also want a dab at the native apps for MOS.

I may still go down the route of MOS since I already have an A1200, although just standard 2Mb, I think it will do the job.

Once again, many thanks.

• Show all replies
Re: MorphOS and old demos & games
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:21:10 AM »
Thanks, I might consider a memory upgrade if I come across a cheap one. :)