Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Taking first steps with MOS 3.0 - Software apps.  (Read 4162 times)

Description:

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
Re: Taking first steps with MOS 3.0 - Software apps.
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 27, 2012, 01:47:15 AM »
Wow! Jackpot! Thanks takemehomegrandma! I've never seen this list before. Can't wait to start trying them out on MOS3. :razz:

Quote from: takemehomegrandma;698092
ADF is just a "carrier", a great deal of 68k SW works, including office apps, etc.

Here is a list of some SW (both PPC and 68k) that I guess has been tested:

http://morphos.lukysoft.cz/vypis.php

Most require a manual install I guess (and some needs some "tweaking"), but that's always the best anyway...
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline WeiXing3DTopic starter

• Show only replies by WeiXing3D
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »
Quote from: WeiXing3D;697232
Krashan, I tried your method of mounting adf files and it works just fine. Unfortunately the two downloads I have tried so far, just testing, didn't work (PageStream old version 2.4X and SimEarth). I will keep trying with others. Thanks again for your help.

I have mounted an ADF of PageStream 3.2 and now I have four images of disk mounted, but when I run the Install- PageStream file nothing happens. Any hints or advice?
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
I have mounted an ADF of PageStream 3.2 and now I have four images of disk mounted, but when I run the Install- PageStream file nothing happens. Any hints or advice?

Could be it is trying to run Installer from wrong location. You can run Snoopium from Tools to check it out (it is similar to SnoopDos).
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline WeiXing3DTopic starter

• Show only replies by WeiXing3D
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
Quote from: itix;698188
Could be it is trying to run Installer from wrong location. You can run Snoopium from Tools to check it out (it is similar to SnoopDos).

I have the images of 4 mounted disks. Disk 1 of 4 has a file called "Install-PageStream3." Then when I select All Files, there is another Installer which pops up a script window, so that one doesn't work either.
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 08:43:04 PM »
Quote from: gizmo350;698107
Wow! Jackpot! Thanks takemehomegrandma! I've never seen this list before. Can't wait to start trying them out on MOS3. :razz:

Then it might be helpful to go through the *categories* instead of the mega-list directly:

http://morphos.lukysoft.cz/

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 09:05:10 PM »
@WeiXing3D

IMHO, it's very difficult to give any direct advice based on the limited info you have written above. Don't even have the files you have, so can't check it up.

Maybe it's like itix say, that it's trying to run installer from wrong location? That's a pretty common thing. Snoopium is a great tool for finding out stuff like this. Try it! :)

Anyway, personally I prefer installing manually anyway, since install scripts not seldom makes strange assumptions etc that can f!ck up your system in the end. Better to have control yourself IMHO. What the install scripts does basically, is to copy files from one location to another, which you can do yourself. Having a look at the install script in a text editor/viewer will show you exactly what it does, and you might have to/want to "translate" the destination etc etc into your own MorphOS context. Usually this is very simple though, and quite often it's simply enough to copy all the contents into the same application folder on your HDD. Then if the app is not working/starting up properly when you try it, then Snoopium will tell you *what* the application is looking for, *where* it is looking for it, etc, and then you can move stuff accordingly until the application is happy and there are no more errors! :)

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 10:48:44 PM »
Quote from: WeiXing3D;698189
I have the images of 4 mounted disks. Disk 1 of 4 has a file called "Install-PageStream3." Then when I select All Files, there is another Installer which pops up a script window, so that one doesn't work either.

It sounds very tricky, then. Sounds like install script doesnt like being installed from an ADF. I have never used PageStream so I dont know how difficult installing it by hand could be.

Can you check what is Default Tool defined for Install-PageStream3 file? You can find it from Information window (right mouse click on an icon and Information).
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 11:07:07 PM »
Quote from: itix;698197
Sounds like install script doesnt like being installed from an ADF.

Is a mounted ADF different from other volumes?

Offline skolman

• Show only replies by skolman
    • http://stagevu.com/user/skolman_mws
A1200 BlizzardPPC BVision Lan/WiFi FastATA Gold,
EFIKA 5K2 R9250 MorphOS +Amiga Workbench
https://youtu.be/mjsGVkDjBOc