Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Making the Mac Mini & MorphOS plunge  (Read 4365 times)

Description:

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: Making the Mac Mini & MorphOS plunge
« on: July 22, 2010, 07:12:25 AM »
Quote from: amigasociety;571532
Well, installed and booting now.  I wiped out the mini's OS X and re-installed a fresh 10.5 on it after making my 3 partitions.  Then installed MorphOS.  Have not played with it much yet but 1st observation, that it does not save the state of the windows the way I set them up.  They open in their original spot and size.  Maybe this is an Amiga thing and I have to do something for sizes and movements of windows to stick.

Yuo can enable it from MUI settings. On the desktop from settings menu -> Global MUI settings. I can not remember out of hat (I am at the work now) but IIRC Windows -> Remember window positions on exit. Or something like that. I wish this was enabled by default...

You can also save window positions manually by snapshotting them. There is small dropdown menu in top right window bar. Select snapshot and window position/size is remembered.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: Making the Mac Mini & MorphOS plunge
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:41:24 AM »
Quote from: amigasociety;571541
Should my DH0 that was renamed Boot show up in MorpHOS someplace?  Mounted someplace?  Does it supposed to be showing in OS X also and me getting that message that it needs to be fixed?  I have a feeling I did not quite get that part of things right....although.... I would think the install would not work if I did not have it named Boot and all that fun stuff.

tj

I wish I could remember. It was last year when I installed MorphOS on my Mac mini and really cant remember details anymore. If it is booting to MorphOS properly there is nothing to worry about but you can always mount partitions using Mounter tool.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook