Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Making the Mac Mini & MorphOS plunge  (Read 4426 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Making the Mac Mini & MorphOS plunge
« on: July 21, 2010, 01:53:42 AM »
A perfect example of the success of MorphOS!  A former Amiga user (even ones with limited experience) that then moved on to a Mac is now returning to Amiga via MorphOS on Mac PPC hardware.

I would say that the MorphOS Development Team hit a "Bulls-Eye" in their targeted market.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Making the Mac Mini & MorphOS plunge
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:26:04 AM »
Quote from: amigasociety;571262
Almost my story but not quite.  I am actually originally an Atari user from 70s to 90s to then move onto Mac.  Saw this new X1000 coming this year in the news and purchased my first Amiga, a A1000, and now interested in Amiga.  :roflmao:

Before 2010, I never owned an Amiga but figured I would get one someday.  It has impressed me enough to continue watching the X1000 news and along the way, since I am a machead, saw this MorphOS and liked what I have seen so far.

So, I am giving it a dabble soon.

tj

That is an interesting story and path to becoming an Amiga user.  It is also an even more successful story for MorphOS and the X1000 hardware announcement.  The X1000 for generating enough interest in Amiga in you to cause you to look deeper and find out about MorphOS on old PPC Mac hardware and MorphOS for making it so easy to demo their OS by porting it to very affordable hardware that runs faster than any previous Amiga hardware.

Although MorphOS2.5 and AmigaOS4.1.2 are different in many ways, they are probably similar in more ways than they are different and both OSes are basically created by and for the same group of former Classic Amiga users with hopes that they might also interest a few other computer geeks (like you).

As you might have guessed, I like MorphOS2.5 and consider it just as much an "Amiga" OS as any other OS available past or present, because I judge it by how it works and what it does, not by the spelling of it's name, or who currently owns the rights to use the name AmigaOS.  I hope that you will enjoy using it as much as I do and will purchase a keyfile and register it (registration is currently at a reduced rate of 111 euro's instead of 150 euro's).

Have fun!
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)