Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly towards Amiga.Org  (Read 11209 times)

Description:

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« on: January 25, 2007, 07:21:09 PM »

TheMagicM wrote:
By the sale of the previous A1's I'm sure they got a clear picture of how many or little people were interested.  

That they all sold out while there was still demand for more?  :-P
But seriousely.. you should also take into account that OS4 was not even finished and that the machines was already out of production by the time that the pre release was out. We should also take into account the hardware problems and how overpriced the boards were.

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 07:24:12 PM »
and donating 2 dollars every two weeks from their paychecks towards Amiga Inc and Hyperion.

Are you serious?  :-o Donating money to the same Amiga INC that has worked against the community during this whole time? The same company that ripped off the community with their coupons and lies?

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 07:31:52 PM »
We both are running emulators. he for years, I just started emulating.

I think the point was more about you screaming about getting away from microsoft, intel pcs and so on while you still use on yourself as your primary computer? Why are you not following your own advice?
Now if you ask me, PC doom, was renamed from the original Amiga game Gloom. But right now, none of this matters, as I wanted to congratulate you.

Doom was released before gloom... That is why they call gloom for a doom clone. What made this game genre was wolfenstein3d, which was made by the same company that made doom.

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 07:40:28 PM »

InTheSand wrote:
Heh! Good luck with finding the A1000 version of AWeb! Surfing the Internet in orange and blue, there's a novelty!  :-)

- Ali

Maybe he is one of the lucky few with a accelerator equipped a1000  :-P

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 12:02:17 PM »
You must not quite be there, I am as many, forced to use this stuff, as Amiga have not released any new Computers, more so, I dont see any of you finding ways to make this happen, instead your all willing just to live in your own little worlds, and accept the way it is.

I actully use Ubuntu Linux as my main OS, so i have infact done more about it than you have. In what way are you forced? Why cant you switch over to linux or mac os?