Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PFS3 is soon to become free and opensource  (Read 30457 times)

Description:

Offline stefcep2

• Show all replies
Re: PFS3 is soon to become free and opensource
« on: April 18, 2010, 03:46:07 AM »
Quote from: Tenacious;554131
I thought DiskSalv for PFS3 was in the works years ago, but, was never completed.  I have lost HDs that simply had to be reformatted.  Now I run with 2 identicale drives and back one to the other.

Well THAT doesn't sound too encouraging!!.  The worst thing that a filesystem can do is lose your data!  I've never had an FFS drive that had to be reformatted, not saying it doesn't happen, but it never happened to me.

Offline stefcep2

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 02:23:42 AM »
Quote from: whiteb;562153
You will not get any information now that it has been handed over to AndreasM, for inclusion with AF.  Its not FREE any more, its been given lock stock and barrel to AmigaFuture.

AndreasM has stated in a (Now Deleted by AndreasM) post on EAB, that it is a NON-EXCLUSIVE release on the coverdisk of AF, but Pelt asked him *NOT* to put it up for free on the download section of the website.  Given that Pelt Intends (or Intended) to upload it to Aminet, why would he all of a sudden deny the files being HOSTED, FOR FREE download from the AF website.

Once again, AndreasM is doing some crap talking, after all, why come out of the closet and state that it is NON EXCLUSIVE, then go back and delete all the text from the post ?

Sounds very ambiguous to me.  Pelt may not have wanted PFS3 on AF website for a lot of reasons, none of which mean that PFS3 will not be available for free on websites like Aminet.

best wait until Pelt actually makes a statement on PFS3

Offline stefcep2

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 03:30:06 AM »
Quote from: Gulliver;594593
@wawrzon
Yes it would be cool to have it in kickstart.
And I got the same feeling from the author, lets hope it was just a bad day or missinterpretation. Anyway I hadnt email him since the end of may. Perhaps I was rude/demanding/or something else? Well, lets wait and see. :)

I wouldn't say asking where things were at after 6 months was rude/demanding.  Its probably "a something else"