Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Settlers save game error.  (Read 4525 times)

Description:

Offline scuzzb494

Re: The Settlers save game error.
« on: February 26, 2021, 03:06:08 AM »
This may sound a little strange but there are many games and programs that throw up this error cus it can't work out how big the hard drive is. AMOS is the same with its install it just keeps telling me the drive is full. I get the error on various games with the 18GB hard drive on the Amiga 4000. When the game was created there were not such large drives.  You need to install to a volume or partition that is say less than 2.1GB. I do believe that the game works out of its own drawer so if you have a smaller partition then just drag the BlueByte folder to that smaller partition.

You could also try Assigning the game folder by adding a line to your 'user-startup' in the S drawer by using a text editor

ie: assign bluebyte/the settlers work:games/bluebyte/the settlers

or just maybe assign bluebyte work:games/bluebyte

Note work being your partition where the game is and games the drawer you have your games and bluebyte is the Settlers drawer.

Also when you installed the game it asked for the full directory listing of where the game is to be installed. If you don't edit that the game defaults to "DH0:3". There is a lower dialogue box that carries the target drive and you needed to have changed that... to say "DH1:games/buebyte/" if that is where you have the game.

My guess is that it is scratching its head as to how much space there is left on your drive and it can not calculate this.