Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CRT TV's - Are you using one?  (Read 5641 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaOldskoolerTopic starter

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Show all replies
    • Old School Game Blog
CRT TV's - Are you using one?
« on: July 10, 2019, 08:20:07 AM »
Hi everyone,

For quite some time I used a Philips Flat-screen CRT TV for my Amiga 1200. The image was very nice and I was happy with it. Unfortunately it developed a high squeeking sound (which only the rest of the family could hear - my hearing is apparantly not as good as it used to be, so I could not hear a thing) and stopped working properly. I'm now using an LCD TV and it is OK, but I miss the CRT, so thought I'd start looking around for a new one. With an RGB to SCART, using a CRT on the Amiga is a great experience in my opinion. :)

Anyway, I was wondering who else uses a CRT for their Amiga? If yes, what brand, size etc.? Any recommendations? :)

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Show all replies
    • Old School Game Blog
Re: CRT TV's - Are you using one?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 08:08:35 AM »
Thanks for all the input guys. :) I found a free CRT TV which I'll be picking up today. It's a "Grundig" and it is 28", so quite larger than what I've used in the past. Think it should work nicely. :)

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Show all replies
    • Old School Game Blog
Re: CRT TV's - Are you using one?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 02:45:46 PM »
Picked up the TV. Weighed a ton. ;D Installed it and it powered up, but still emits that high frequency sound. Guess most old TV-s are like this? Since I can't hear the sound myself, it is hard to describe. Yes, I use an RGB to SCART cable. Gives a nice picture, and I love using it for watching demos and playing games.