Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ok guys, I will be doing a report on Commodore USA this week  (Read 16801 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: Ok guys, I will be doing a report on Commodore USA this week
« Reply #164 from previous page: February 05, 2011, 11:26:34 PM »
@ Red

C'mon Red stop just sitting there reading this nonsense (after all you started it) is it yeah or nay to the report... ;)

(Ok you beat me to it... but at the end of which week... :))

Offline Arkhan

• Show only replies by Arkhan
    • http://www.aetherbyte.com
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2011, 11:27:49 PM »
Well, I think now it's a definite no for by the end of the week, unless a report will be pulled out of his ass in the next couple hours!
I am a negative, rude, prick.  

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2011, 11:40:22 PM »
Quote from: dammy;612820
I see why Red is now hesitant to write a report, he will have been made a public enemy by the likes of you and others if he says positive things.  And you wouldn't want that, better to go beat on anyone associated in supporting C=USA, right?

No worries on that, I've already been made by a public enemy in the past for various reasons. I'm far past letting any of that nonsense get to me.

Being labeled a public enemy could be fun. It will remind me of years past when I was accused of being on Genesi's payroll for buying a Pegasos motherboard with American currency or getting banned on -ANOTHER FORUM- for stating on Amiga.org that I thought businesses should not run a charity and should real life let market values determine sale prices. Those were the days, maybe I can relive them:roflmao:

But seriously, no. This is not a concern. I will put something out tonight or tomorrow, I've already typed something up.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:47:04 PM by redrumloa »
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

• Original Omega User
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2011, 11:42:57 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;612832
Honestly, I am mostly intrigued by the "wedge" C64 combo case doodad they might be building.  I like their concept of "retro style" if they kept it at that and did not try to sell "retro substance."  If that wedge could hold one graphics card of my choice plus having the basics builtin (Wireless N/gigabit ethernet, sound, etc) it would be a neat PC to own.  I'd slap Win7 on it and game the crap out of it.  If it truly will have cherry mechanical switches in the keyboard (and double injection molded keys) I am so there.  BUT then again I'm not sold on the "Commodore" aspect.  If I wanted a NG Amiga experience, I'd buy a G5 and throw MOS on it (Which I most probably will do in the future), or AmigaForever on whatever X86 machine I will be rocking.

I'm not convinced that this thing is even reality, however.  And as for their "Amiga" line...c'mon-no one is buying that.  But give them credit - if that "C64" redesign is real, it takes balls to engineer computer hardware these days that is outside the norm.  If I want one of their amiga redesigns, however, I'll build it myself thanks.

The C64x is real, I held it in my own hands. I asked on at least 2 occasions if I could take it home. :hammer:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2011, 11:44:46 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;612860
But seriously, no. This is not a concern. I will put something out tonight or tomorrow, I've already typed something up.

Looking forward to that, reckon no matter which way your report goes, I think I may have a couple of words to say about it... ;)

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2011, 11:46:44 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;612863
The C64x is real, I held it in my own hands. I asked on at least 2 occasions if I could take it home. :hammer:

So.....

Cherry Blue or Cherry Brown switches?  PCB or plate-mounted?  DyeSub or double injection molded keys?  :D

• Original Omega User
« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2011, 11:48:10 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;612867
So.....

Cherry Blue or Cherry Brown switches?  PCB or plate-mounted?  DyeSub or double injection molded keys?  :D

Stop asking me questions, I have pictures to crop:hammer: