Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 4.x WB official replacement why not?  (Read 17470 times)

Description:

Offline paul1981

Re: AmigaOS 4.x WB official replacement why not?
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »
Quote from: trekiej;790269
It appears to me that icons do not stay after snapshot. Unless I missed something.

I've never used OS4, but if this was OS3 or 2 even, then what you're describing is files with no icon image (no associated .info file). Files with no icons cannot be snapshotted as they don't have a real icon in which to save its position. In this case the Workbench uses the default icons depending on the file's type (tool, project, drawer or even disk).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:17:05 PM by paul1981 »

Offline paul1981

Re: AmigaOS 4.x WB official replacement why not?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 12:56:04 PM »
Quote from: paul1981;790271
I've never used OS4, but if this was OS3 or 2 even, then what you're describing is files with no icon image (no associated .info file). Files with no icons cannot be snapshotted as they don't have a real icon in which to save its position. In this case the Workbench uses the default icons depending on the file's type (tool, project, drawer or even disk).

Quoting myself here, but it really does sound like you have drawers and files with no .icon file. Files or drawers without icons will never snapshot. In the window/icons menu untick 'Show All Files' and those files and drawers without icon files will disappear.