Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New twitter client for classic Amigas, any beta testers?  (Read 9235 times)

Description:

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show all replies
Re: New twitter client for classic Amigas, any beta testers?
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:49:28 PM »
Trying it out now. I'm surprised you didn't simply fix the server login issues with AmiTwitter rather than write a whole client from scratch, but good work anyway! If you'd like I can make some GUI images and an icon for the program, I was going to make some for AmiTwitter but since that's still dead in the water I'd be happy to move on to this.

Here's AmiTwitter anyway, in case you hadn't already checked ito ut and looked through the source code for something useful:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/amitwitter/
Amiga user forever.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »
It works on my A1200 with 8MB RAM card (although I can't go online at the same time since using the PCMCIA slot reduces the RAM to 5.5MB and that's not quite enough). You should have no problem with 16MB RAM.
Amiga user forever.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:21:44 AM »
Here's a screenshot of twittAmiga running on my 030 A1200. I was able to send a "tweet" but it failed and gave me this error message when attempting to load the feed...

Amiga user forever.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 07:21:26 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;681500
If I want to have the same theme as yours...how do I go about doing it? Thanks in advance.

There are a bunch of patches and bitmap images you will have to install, but Cammy is working on a theme manager program which will let you easily install and switch between themes. It will be included in our upcoming Workbench pack, you're welcome to test out the current build if you'd like, it will boot up looking like the screenshot. Let me know if you're interested and I'll upload the LHA of the whole system we're building.
Amiga user forever.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 08:11:13 AM »
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was trying this on my other A1200 with 64MB RAM. We have several Amigas set up for software development and testing here. If I can figure out a way to go online through a null-modem cable on the 8MB A1200 I could test if it worked or not since the program loads up in that much RAM, but using my PCMCIA network card reduces it to 5.5MB.

I'm running the same Workbench 3.1 setup on both machines I've tested it on so far. Cammy is also testing it on her 030 A1200 with 64MB so hopefully she'll feel up to posting her results too.

Edit: Here's the log file from the results, the program failed again after trying to load the feed: http://pastebin.com/VTmiKTue
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:24:30 AM by Rebel-CD32 »
Amiga user forever.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 05:05:48 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;681538
I am indeed interested, yes please. I just want a program where if I want to change the entire theme of my system I just go to a website, pick a cool theme I like download it, open the program select this theme, click use...couple of seconds bang my entire OS looks different with a new theme. So if this does it, please, please upload the lha and can you direct me to the location where I can download it? Thanks in advance.

That's the idea behind it, at least it should be a lot like you describe by the time we're finished, however the current build doesn't have the theme manager because I have only made one theme so far, and I don't think anyone else on the planet wants to make more that will work. I do plan on having at least three themes to choose from including the Silver theme in the screenshot (loosely based on an OS4.1 theme) and I'll include an Ubuntu and Windows XP style theme too, which I made a while ago and just need to touch up a bit before I bundle them up.

I just checked ixemul.library and it's an older version, not sure why I would have such an old version installed, but I guess that's what you get from Aminet these days. I just downloaded the latest version from SourceForge and am about to test it on the Amigas now...
Amiga user forever.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 11:57:22 PM »
I figured out why I had an older version (48.3) of ixemul.library installed, it was the last version to support Amigas without FPUs, and I'm trying to run this on a 56Mhz 030 without FPU. So I installed the latest version of ixemul.library (63.1) on my other A1200, which has a 50Mhz 030 and 128MB RAM and FPU. This time it crashed while it was loading. The main window came up but I got a software failure. I tried it a few times after reboots and still failed.

I have a feeling it's ixemul.library. The current version was made for WinUAE and AFAOS, not real Amigas. It seems these days like the only way to run new Amiga software is with Amikit on a Windows PC, which I don't own and don't want to use.

Here's the debug log from my A1200 with the FPU and the latest ixemul.library. It's odd that the program crashes before I even have a chance to type, send a tweet or click any of the buttons, but it still seems to be trying to retrieve the feed. I don't know... http://pastebin.com/9eVey1RF
Amiga user forever.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:19:00 AM »
Arghh, sorry about that mate, I pasted the old log accidently. Here's the new log: http://pastebin.com/Jn2HH0Xx

Definitely shorter than the last one.
Amiga user forever.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 11:51:41 AM »
twittAmiga is working fine for Cammy and I now. Here's a screenshot from her Workbench running a few internet applications including twittAmiga:

Amiga user forever.