Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New twitter client for classic Amigas, any beta testers?  (Read 9333 times)

Description:

Offline ciVicTopic starter

• Show only replies by ciVic
Re: New twitter client for classic Amigas, any beta testers?
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »
Yes that's really short and strange. In line 8 you can see the time twittAmiga retrieved from the OS. It is needed for the signature sent with each twitter request. In line 16 a line of such a request is printed. The line is the string within the brackets. I can see the opening bracket, but it seems that twittAmiga crashed during printing this string on the screen as there is no closing bracket and the time stamp is too short. It should be printed completely on the screen since, as far as I know, the \n at the end of the line causes a flush. So the function that crashed here is the printf. This can happend if there is code that overwrites memory at wrong addresses, like uninitialized pointers.

I will set up an emulated :biglaugh: Amiga with OS 3.1 now and see what happens.

Edit: Blank 3.1 installed (including MUI and ixemul 63.1). Everything works. I admit that an emulated Amiga is not a good test, since some things cannot be tested, e.g. there is no real Amiga TCP/IP stack. Even though I can say the stack of OS 3.9 does not make any problems on my A4000.
Maybe I should take time to set up a real Amiga with 3.1. Which stack do you use?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:36:36 AM by ciVic »

Offline chris

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 11:06:13 AM »
Quote from: ciVic;681559
I'm using libxml2 for parsing the timeline. And libxml2 needs ixemul. So to get rid of ixemul means that libmxl2 must be compiled without.
But these days I'm trying to install OS 4 on my classic Amiga. When it was successful i will try to make a native OS 4 version. As far as I know OS 4 has also a libxml2?

Yes, it does.  Fab, I look forward to seeing an OS4 native version then :)
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 09:44:58 PM »
New version is out. This new one no more needs the ixemul.library, since I switched from libxml2 to xml2.library (Version 4.0, you can find it on amiga.sf). It also need less RAM and should be faster, because the debug output is now optional.

So maybe it runs now also on OS4, but not sure, will test it.

Offline Drummerboy

• Show only replies by Drummerboy
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 01:50:59 AM »
Ok..

Not work Here..

Display this: " Error Creating HTMLViewer"
Amiga 1000, 500, 600, 2000, 1200, 4000...

C= VIC 20 / 64 /SX64/ 128

Atari 600XL (SIC Cartdridge)
Atari 800XL (SIO2SD unit)

Jay Miner`s Atari 2600 - Wood front -

\\"Amiga, this Computer have a Own Live\\"--\\"Silence When the Drums are Talking\\".... DrummerBoy

Offline chris

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 06:05:49 PM »
Quote from: Drummerboy;681631
Ok..

Not work Here..

Display this: " Error Creating HTMLViewer"

Do you have HTMLview.mcc installed?
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion

Offline danwood

• Show only replies by danwood
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 07:38:17 PM »
Works on MorphOS, no errors, everything seems to work, but the app does lock up a fair bit.  First time I ran it, it locked up when receiving images from tweets, I reopened it, worked fine and received my friend's statuses, I tried to post a status, it locked up while posting it, restarted it and then tried again and the status went through.

Screen-shot of it on MorphOS 2.7

http://i.imgur.com/bZho4.jpg

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 07:51:46 PM »
Can you send me an error log when this happends? Or maybe when it locks up in different situations? You can do it by typing
twittamiga debug >debug.log

Thank you!

Offline chris

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 12:08:27 PM »
Quote from: ciVic;681620
So maybe it runs now also on OS4, but not sure, will test it.

It doesn't; very similar problem to before.  Two Grim Reapers (one bsdsocket.library, the other htmlview.mcc) you can ignore past both of them and then it crashes again (can't remember what crashed there, but given i've ignored past two errors already it probably isn't important!)

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 12:21:01 PM »
Yesterday I was able to test it for myself on my new OS 4 installation, and I have exactly the same problems. I found on the sourceforge page of HTMLView bug reports for the OS 4 Version. It seems, that the parser thread of the HTMLView does not work in the OS 4 Version.

But I do not know why the bsdsocket.library crashed. I'm using libcurl, and libcurl uses the bsdsocket.library. So two possibilities, bsdsocket has a bug, or libcurl, I would say libcurl. Would be no problem to use the OS4 native curl, but I do not know how to fix the HTMLView problems. Maybe it was not a good idea to use HTMLView or maybe a simple recompile on OS4 solves it. Currently I'm installing the OS4 SDK.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »
Might be a silly suggestion but how about debugging the application rather than guessing?

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 01:13:54 PM »
Will be a good idea as soon as my SDK is installed :) On the other hand, debugging HTMLView or curl/bsdsocket.library is not my intention.

Offline chris

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »
Quote from: ciVic;681759
Yesterday I was able to test it for myself on my new OS 4 installation, and I have exactly the same problems. I found on the sourceforge page of HTMLView bug reports for the OS 4 Version. It seems, that the parser thread of the HTMLView does not work in the OS 4 Version.

Is that an OS4 problem, or just the OS4 version of HTMLview?  Of course it's no problem to install the 68k version if that doesn't have the bug in it.

But I do not know why the bsdsocket.library crashed. I'm using libcurl, and libcurl uses the bsdsocket.library. So two possibilities, bsdsocket has a bug, or libcurl, I would say libcurl.

libcurl's threaded resolver does not work in OS4 (bsdsocket.library crashes). If the 68k build of libcurl you are using has the threaded resolver enabled that is almost certainly the cause.

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 08:56:47 AM »
I'm currently porting it to OS4. Don't know how long it takes, there are some small differences in using libraries. But I know that I love CodeBench :)
Hopefully HTMLView works in a native version, is there any OS4 software using it?

Guru Meditation at twitter! They are all Amigans!
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 09:25:29 AM »
While programming for a new version, I recently got this returned by twitter:

Code: [Select]

<?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;utf-8&quot;?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN&quot;
 &quot;http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd&quot;>
<html>
  <head>
    <title>503 Service Unavailable</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Error 503 Service Unavailable</h1>
    <p>Service Unavailable</p>
    <h3>Guru Meditation:</h3>
    <p>XID: 888401680</p>
    <address>
       <a href=&quot;http://www.varnish-cache.org/&quot;>Varnish</a>
    </address>
  </body>
</html>

I like twitter and varnish cache :biglaugh: Feels like home

Offline cha05e90

• Show only replies by cha05e90
    • http://www.ruthe.info
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 01:15:41 PM »
Quote from: ciVic;681949
I'm currently porting it to OS4. Don't know how long it takes, there are some small differences in using libraries. But I know that I love CodeBench :)
Hopefully HTMLView works in a native version, is there any OS4 software using it?

This might be a problem. AFAIK the current (last) version of HTMLview.os4 doesn't run and seems to be severe broken. The 68k (OS3.x) version doesn't behave really better. I tried to test your 68k (OS3.x) build with OS4.1 - no way, it crashes unrecoverable while trying to start/use HTMLview...
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000

« Reply #44 from previous page: March 10, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »
Quote from: cha05e90;683153
This might be a problem. AFAIK the current (last) version of HTMLview.os4 doesn't run and seems to be severe broken. The 68k (OS3.x) version doesn't behave really better. I tried to test your 68k (OS3.x) build with OS4.1 - no way, it crashes unrecoverable while trying to start/use HTMLview...

Yes, the OS 4 native version is really a problem. But I was able to start an OS 4 native twittAmiga with the OS 3 HTMLView (the OS 3 libcurl also causes crashes, therefore twittAmiga must be native).